Dsl50/dsl100 discontinued (yes or no?)

• Thread starter Troubadour
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Well, not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, it sounds as if you are more concerned with whether or not they are still being produced then you are about actually acquiring one. The used market is saturated with them, 50s and 100s...many of which are in brand new shape. I purchased a 1999 DSL100 that is essentially as good as new for only like $600.00. I love the amp! The idea of buying a brand new one for twice that amount, for me anyway, is complete insanity, especially considering the abundant used market. I've owned MANY Marshalls over the years, and 95% were all purchased used and they all ROCKED... The 2204 I possess was mfg. in 1989..and it looks and sounds like a brand new amp man! And if it were to break, it could easily be fixed...

Marshalls live forever...

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he doesn't like anyone else's answers either.

If you don't like what people are telling you why don't you simply place a phone call to Marshall UK and just ask them ffs. Send an email to sales or anyone, Christ almighty. Two of their design engineers are even members of this forum. Sheesh.

It's just like guitar manufacturers or other products, you don't continue making more products than you are selling and thus flood the market. Simple sales and marketing 101, price is driven by supply and demand. Supply far exceeds demand and the priced point goes way down. You don't build more until a distributor or music chain buys them. Jackson guitars is the same way. If you order one they have to make it for you. Guitars are only made if they're ordered. Keeps the price high because the availability is more limited. The DSL's are already cheaper amps and they can be bought anywhere. They are at the end of their lifespan.

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI Marshall's U.S. distributor is Marshall USA now. Probably why US Music is not ordering any...

Last amps sold I saw were DSL100MLB amps and that wasn't long ago. Same amp, cheaper headbox, feet, other assorted parts.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI Marshall's U.S. distributor is Marshall USA now. Probably why US Music is not ordering any...

Last amps sold I saw were DSL100MLB amps and that wasn't long ago. Same amp, cheaper headbox, feet, other assorted parts.
yeah that was my first DSL100 i owned and oddly it was the best sounding. even after putting all the same tubes and bias points it still sounded better than the other two i had. It was definitely made cheaper though. the shell was thinner and so was the back plate. the back platee was quite plyable and the boards were very thin and plyable as well. I'd own another one though. Those models sound better to me for some reason.

axe arsenal

Reaction score
If you really want a DSL, buy secondhand!
If you're afraid to buy secondhand, let me tell you that I bought loads of secondhand amps and never had a problem with any of them.
In fact, the only amp I had trouble with was a TSL which I bought NEW..

Adrian R

Reaction score
If you really want a DSL, buy secondhand!
If you're afraid to buy secondhand, let me tell you that I bought loads of secondhand amps and never had a problem with any of them.
In fact, the only amp I had trouble with was a TSL which I bought NEW..

Yes, exactly..the used ones are the best!