Dual Rec facelift!!

• Thread starter Pat6969
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
that looks really nice.
From the first day I got my little .50 cal plus head I started scheming on a way to mod the front grill. I actually chose to go from the stock black fabric to a black treadplate material, so I sort of went the exact opposite direction as you.
I agree that the chrome tread plate is too cliche, but I do like a black treadplate like on the RoadKing line of Mesa (I think)

Crunchcity

Reaction score
Nice! I felt the chrome diamond plate on my Triple needed a change so I switched it out for a blacked out look. :)

TripleStealth003_zpsb00aa9e6.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I like a combo of both. :D

RoadsterHeadonCab-FntLG.gif

Agreed on the Road King grille, though. Anything is better than the Stiletto Deuce alligator skin, though. :lol:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I don't need another project right now but that looks good.
Maybe in the future.

Odin69

Reaction score
Love the amp, hated the diamond plate, thus my completed project! I love the way it turned out!!

That came out good. As an owner of a dual-rec myself, I have to say the diamond plate is pretty ugly. I was thinking about changing mine also.

Pat6969

Reaction score
Ya, I thought this was just a high gain monster but it has everything from sweet cleans to blues to metal. The original look doesn't suit it.