NAD - 1974 Fender Dual Showman - Holy Cow

• Thread starter 8bit Barry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like @chocol8 says, the Super Reverb is a different animal than a Dual Showman.
I keep thinking the Dual Showman Reverb and its massive tight sound is all I need. The Princeton reissue I own flubs out in the bass when I turn it up, even with a Celestion G10 replacement speaker (but less than the stock speaker I might add). I am not a fan of that, so I think I may have found nirvana with the DSR.

I need to audition a Super Reverb.

Russ Selzer

Reaction score
After I couldn’t make up my mind about a Jubilee, I went completely the other way.

View attachment 147441
It’s a clean and tidy 1974 Dual Showman Reverb 100w - it’s absolutely incredible sounding with an amazing trippy tremolo / cavernous reverb.

I’ve never had anything Fender before other than a Princeton. The Dual Showman has earthquake level bass, breaks up subtly around 5, sounds saturated and so rich. I’m playing it through a Marshall pre Rola greenback cab from 1970 and it’s so responsive, articulate and has classic tones, encouraging you to play all over the guitar.

I’ve never understood the whole Fender Twin thing before (it’s a Twin head basically) and now I totally get it.
I totally get it and feel the same way about my 79 (70w) super reverb 4x10 (rola speakers)...fender warm shimmery clean, and when fed with my sg and marshall dirt pedals, it does that thing almost too well. It makes me want to play! And it's unrealistically clean at a very uncomfortable volume hahaha!

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Back in the 70s, Ted Nugent used Dual Showmans at concerts. That's rock and roll enough for ANYBODY.

8bit Barry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dual Showman waste even on my radar until ai saw this:

I saw that video - my DSR does not sound like that. I saw another Matthew Scott video below where he said it sounds pretty sterile. I think the reverb is SO important to the sound of the DSR. You’ll notice reverb is added in post for the start of the Jimi sound video.