EH 6CA7's ROCK in the JVM!!

• Thread starter doomsdaymachine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

doomsdaymachine

Reaction score
Installed these yesterday in my JVM205H, and it really gave it a swift kick in ass! Added serious thump, warmth, and no loss of mids, that I could really hear. I'd highly recommend them, if your looking for a "bigger" tone. Hell, I was able to get crushing low end without my MXX 10-band in the loop. Had good bass before, but now, it's DEVISATING! I guess it helps to have a couple Eminence Swamp Thang in my 2x12 cab, no? :naughty:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I've been praising them for over a year. I run them in a TSL and a JMP. They kick ass.

Jesstaa

Reaction score
Maybe it's a good thing I didn't put them in my 800, it already sounds too massive for the cab I'm using.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
If you follow me, I recommend both NOS and current production tubes. It's just that I personally prefer NOS or vintage tubes.

I even did a comparison of several CP power tubes. I really like the JJ E34L, the Groove Tube EL34M and the EH 6CA7.

It is getting difficult to find good, matched NOS power tubes and the only other option is to embrace what is currently being produced. Not all CP tubes make my list, but the one's that do are the cream of the crop.

And yes, I like Winged C's, but they have just out priced themselves for what they are. The bottom end and lower midrange of the 6CA7's are tighter and punchier than the Winged C's. The early EVH tone was a Plexi Super Lead with Sylvania 6CA7's. I did a test between the Sylvania NOS 6CA7's and the EH 6CA7's and they were very close. In fact, once turned up, they sounded very close.

Adrian R

Reaction score
If you follow me, I recommend both NOS and current production tubes. It's just that I personally prefer NOS or vintage tubes.

I even did a comparison of several CP power tubes. I really like the JJ E34L, the Groove Tube EL34M and the EH 6CA7.

It is getting difficult to find good, matched NOS power tubes and the only other option is to embrace what is currently being produced. Not all CP tubes make my list, but the one's that do are the cream of the crop.

And yes, I like Winged C's, but they have just out priced themselves for what they are. The bottom end and lower midrange of the 6CA7's are tighter and punchier than the Winged C's. The early EVH tone was a Plexi Super Lead with Sylvania 6CA7's. I did a test between the Sylvania NOS 6CA7's and the EH 6CA7's and they were very close. In fact, once turned up, they sounded very close.

Well, and there you have it...:applause: