Electrical Guitar Company

• Thread starter Alt Freak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Electrical Guitar Company | The Finest Aluminum Instruments
These guitars look pretty awesome. Wonder what you guys think of them? Getting them to make a custom one for $2200 sounds great.

King Buzzo started using them:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHSvjS4JQSQ&feature=related]MELVINS Houdini Riff Lesson1 - YouTube[/ame]

And for those of you who don't know King Buzzo!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPd0ICErfF0&feature=related]Melvins - Hooch - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAl3A2pYFhM&feature=related]Melvins - Honey Bucket - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZiGPckX4Lo&feature=related]Melvins - Lizzy - YouTube[/ame]
Fuck yea!!! :headbanger:

jvm210guy

Reaction score
I think that it depends, because I bought an Ibanez Artcore a few months ago and it was very affordable (310 dollars). I just wanted her to play and sound good at that point so I chopped it up with new pups and what not (needed fret work and all that shit). The finish on that guitar looks meh, but I like her. She has other imperfections that I totally dismiss, because like you said it's all about the playability.

Now, with my tele (which I spent about a grand) it mattered very much to me how it looked and how it played. Same thing when I bought my Explorer and American Strat. So I guess it depends. If I have to spend over 700 on a guitar the looks are going to matter as much at the playability, for me at least...

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Yea I can understand that. I'm sure there's a fine line too. I'm sure if you picked out a butt ugly $3,000 guitar and started playing, and realized it was the best guitar you had ever played, then I wouldn't give a shit about the looks lol. But that's not likely to happen, so it's gotta be looks and playability that makes you spring for that $1,500+ guitar.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of the Travis Bean guitars. They never got popular. These had the aluminum neck and wood body.

impetus maximus

Reaction score
i like the way it looks. it's not just another ho hum Strat/LP. i would have
the body copper plated though. or maybe anodized.

one with some clean tones.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLlL18PNEA"]Electrical Guitar Company - Aluminum Standard - YouTube[/ame]

i met a guy with a steel guitar at a show once. i don't know who made it but
it was a 1 off and it had out riggers lol.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
i like the way it looks. it's not just another ho hum Strat/LP. i would have
the body copper plated though. or maybe anodized.

one with some clean tones.
Electrical Guitar Company - Aluminum Standard - YouTube

i met a guy with a steel guitar at a show once. i don't know who made it but
it was a 1 off and it had out riggers lol.

Yea I'm with you on that. I'm so tired of the same old guitar shapes and so many companies using them. Why can't someone make another classic shape like a Les Paul or Strat again? I guess us players that buy them will help a shape become successful, but we've been living with the same shapes for 50-70+ years. And to a lot of people, if it doesn't look like that then it's not a proper guitar, so no sale, and it fails. Haha sorry for the rant. Anyone understand me? :hmm: :eek:

jvm210guy

Reaction score
Honestly, the guitars I've seen here just look like double cut LP's. It's not even the shape I don't like it's just the "finish", or in this case it's the material. There are plenty of cool looking guitar shapes that are popular other than the strat, tele, or LP shape. Those shapes are just considered "classic"....

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Honestly, the guitars I've seen here just look like double cut LP's. It's not even the shape I don't like it's just the "finish", or in this case it's the material. There are plenty of cool looking guitar shapes that are popular other than the strat, tele, or LP shape. Those shapes are just considered "classic"....
I know it's nothing special. You guys seemed really biased on the material because of other guitars that came before it used the same material and apparently were not very good. But it would be nice to at least try it. And yea there are other shapes but most of them have been around for decades which is why a new shape would be nice.
And doesn't the PRS Custom look like a double cut LP? :p

jvm210guy

Reaction score
I think they are both very different (PRS LP double cut). It actually sounds ok on video though, so I'm not saying it doesn't sound good. I just wouldn't want a guitar made of all "aluminum?".

Attachments

• tigereye-body[1].jpg
    tigereye-body[1].jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 273937[1].jpg
    273937[1].jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 3

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Yea close enough. And I thought they actually sounded really good too! :lol: I had my doubts

Alt Freak

Reaction score
You should get one for a NGD??!!!

Yea!!!!! But I'm having serious GAS for this, a Jaguar or Jazzmaster, as well as a Silverburst LP Custom, AND a Pelham Blue ES-335 Custom shop. :( I'm doomed and don't what to do. Should probably stay off the Internet for awhile :lol:

poeman33

Reaction score
The headstock reminds me of the old Kramer bass way back when. I defintely wouldn't want to be playing that one outside in Canada on a February morning.

Latest posts