EMG KH Bonebreaker Bridge Pickup In Charvel Model 5FX?

• Thread starter Charvel1975
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Played through my other guitarist's ESP LTD KH-602 purple sparkle with EMG Bonebreaker pickups through my Mesa Mark V & Harley Benton 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's and that guitar rocked!!

My Charvel Model 5FX has old EMG 81 Bridge & SA neck pickups, Original Floyd Rose - with .009 - .042 nickel wounds strings with the .042 replaced with a .040 and the guitar sounds thin and weak!

I wonder what an EMG Bonebreaker would sound like in my Charvel Model 5fx if that would beef that guitar up and not overpower the EMG SA in the neck?

Charvel1975

Reaction score
So update on my old Charvel Model 5FX the shop I took it to over a month ago to have the output checked on the older EMG-81 (Non-Quick Disconnect) in the Bridge position and to check the wiring never did anything for over a month!? So I went there yesterday and got it back from the shop!

So I just emailed EMG Pickups to see if it is possible to buy just the EMG Kirk Hammett Bonebreaker bridge pickup only or the F-Spaced James Hetfield bridge pickup only, either with Black color caps and with short shaft potentiometers and do they still come with EMG'S EXCLUSIVE SOLDERLESS INSTALL SYSTEM:

2 25K VOLUME POT
2 25K TONE POT
1 BATTERY BUS
1 STEREO OUTPUT JACK
1 TWO PICKUP IN/OUT BUS
2 PAIR MOUNTING SCREWS AND SPRINGS
2 PICKUP CABLES
4 CONNECT CABLES
1 OUTPUT CABLE
1 BATTERY CABLE

JJ119

Reaction score
Are you going to do the work since
The Shop seems too busy, maybe not even
interested?
Personally, I am interested in how this turns out for ya.

[ Subbed to follow the Deed ]

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Are you going to do the work since
The Shop seems too busy, maybe not even
interested?
Personally, I am interested in how this turns out for ya.

[ Subbed to follow the Deed ]
No I'm taking it somewhere else my other guitarist took a couple of his guitars to.