End of the road for Marshall Amplification?

• Thread starter MajorWatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:) Can You imagine all those Daisy chained together on "11"....

I'm not positive but I believe that collection was up for auction at the time that pic was Taken.

My bid didn't win......*sigh*

:):) TWIN

Hayride13

Reaction score
First, we have to put our love of the brand aside a little and think with a little business sense. A company's goal is profit and to make that profit, the company must build a product that consumers want to buy. The company must build a product that has value and quality to achieve brand loyalty. I think we are all pretty loyal to Marshall and love them, else we wouldn't be here.

That said, Jim based his first efforts on the Fender Bassman. He was asked by Townsend for a stack. His stacks were embraced by Jimmy. It has gone on and on over the decades. I think that no matter who is steering the company, if they build what the rockin' players want onstage, they'll be fine. Not so well known players want to have the same as the big guns. A wall of tube driven stacks has been where its at since the 70's. There's plenty of hard working musicians toting a half stack in a van and plenty of woodshedders with a full stack in the bedroom. Marshall has their market and if they stick to it, they'll continue to do well. If they try to emulate or diversify, they'll tank. I still don't understand why sometimes "Marshall" and "modeling" gets used in the same sentence. I don't want Marshell to model anything. I want my Marshall to sound like a Marshall just like I want my Fender to sound like a Fender.

Just a few thoughts otherwise, carry on men!

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
:) Can You imagine all those Daisy chained together on "11"....

I'm not positive but I believe that collection was up for auction at the time that pic was Taken.

My bid didn't win......*sigh*

:):) TWIN

If I remember correctly, you were trying to trade buffalo skin and your buckskin underwear. Not your best bid buddy. But I was rooting for you.

mike mike

Reaction score
I'm not getting rid of any mine....

in_the_air.jpg

marshalls3.jpg

I wish these were mine...!

hey you found the picture of my house!! damn you!! you threw my cover, now everybody is gonna be after my goodies!!

Latest posts