• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Ever had one of those days when you can barely play?

• Thread starter 1neeto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LAARS

Reaction score
True that's what one of my bandmates told me the other day. Just having the balls to get up there and play puts me way ahead of anyone in the audience judging my playing skills. :shred:

Totally Agree....:hbang:

I played in a house band in the 1980s. Every guitar player in the area wanted my job. Great pay, never move gear, and only 45 minutes from home.

The front row would be full of guitar players who thought they could do better. I'd invite them up to sit in, and watch them crash..... Everyone is great from the seats.

We all have good days and bad days. If you heard your bad days on tape, I'd bet you'd find that they weren't all that bad. I remember sitting in the band room after the show, and waiting to hear something I messed up on. It wasn't there. I swore I had gaffed up a section, and it sounded fine.

SkinnyJ

Reaction score
Totally Agree....:hbang:

I played in a house band in the 1980s. Every guitar player in the area wanted my job. Great pay, never move gear, and only 45 minutes from home.

The front row would be full of guitar players who thought they could do better. I'd invite them up to sit in, and watch them crash..... Everyone is great from the seats.

We all have good days and bad days. If you heard your bad days on tape, I'd bet you'd find that they weren't all that bad. I remember sitting in the band room after the show, and waiting to hear something I messed up on. It wasn't there. I swore I had gaffed up a section, and it sounded fine.

I agree with this 100%. I'm a weekend warrior hack, but I'm still up there and getting paid. I remind myself of that when I see the obvious "arms crossed and staring at me" guy.

I cringe when our drummer posts YouTube clips, but after watching them, my only criticism ends up being the overall sound quality and nothing from my performance.

Most of our flubs are magnified in our own heads.

javier pintos

Reaction score
mmmmm nervous about playing in front of an audiece?????', not me def hahaha, i was terrified the firts time to the piont i went to pee like 20 times before we went on stage (just pee your nerves away), i could barelly get my knees from shaking

don´t panic, you´ve been preparing yourself for this, you´ll do allright!!!!

ps i still suck at playing, angus said once on an interview that the public is like a monster, so he never looks at the monster to teh eyes and then he just rocks away or something like that

cheers

ha never realised it had gone great, i just skipped the second page, but it sound good man, congrats

Latest posts