EVH lll lbx quick demo clip - Birthday present!!!

• Thread starter flyinguitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
We played a great show Friday night and my birthday was yesterday (saturday). We hit our bonus numbers for attendance and had a great payout. My 17 year old son took some of his rewards and went out to GC and bought this for me (we play in the band together) and surprised me with it!

We like the hard Rock VH, George lynch, etc..tone...this little amp may be my best sounding amp ever for that kin of sound...and I've owned quite a few....it is a little badass!

Here it is straight in with a boss delay in the loop. It's set on 4 watts (can switch between 4 and 15 watt ). The cab is a 1974 Marshall with late 1960 30watt greenbacks. This was like 2 minutes after we plugged it in...lol...I said "keep playing I'm going to make a clip to document this..lol"
https://youtu.be/ayX3GQCNd88
www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=ayX3GQCNd88

Silverburst

Reaction score
These little amps look so cool! Congratz

So you this is a present from your son??? How cool is that?

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Box sounds awesome!

Oh and happy birthday!

Eddie van Damon

Reaction score
I have the 50watt EVH 5150 III and i love it! Played a gig with it last weekend and had a couple guys comment on the tone. Seemed a little trebly on stage but could have been my fault.

Overall awesome amp!! I'll never get rid of it!

Iwanarock

Reaction score
Sounds really good. I have been debating buying the 100W 5153 for some time now:hbang:

ken361

Reaction score
New MXR EVH pedal sounded really good going into the DSL H clean channel! I did plug into the the 15 watter after, sounded similar but the pedal had a little more beef because the warm clean channel.

dptone5

Reaction score
Very nice!!! Good to see your son appreciating his Dad for all the support you have given him. This says a lot about both of you.

DP

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Thanks!

It really sounds great and is easy to play. Here is a clip that he made using an SM57
https://youtu.be/a-l2oAs8wSQ

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-l2oAs8wSQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Iwanarock

Reaction score
I got to play around with the 5153 50W last weekend for about 20-30 minutes. I loved the amp right out of the gate and thought all the channels sounded great with very little need to move EQ knobs to get great tone. What I didn't like was the volume jump from the clean Channel to the shared Crunch channel or volume decrease going the other way (crunch to Clean). That alone would stop me from buying the head since I gig and that would be a pain to deal with live. Especially if you ever want to jump from clean to crunch in the same song and back in the same song it would not be workable.

Other then that you can make every channel sound great. If just using at home or recording it would be a great addition.

Still a great gift from your son and nice amp !!

Rocktane

Reaction score
They fixed the clean issue on the LBX.... just deleted the clean channel! Which is fine with me.

Latest posts