Evh striped series?

• Thread starter SouthJerseySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
I just got one delivered...was away last week it came on Thursday. For the money it's beautiful. Plays very nicely, guitar is set up nice. Action is low but not too low. D-Tuna was setup perfect. Paintjob looks very nice. Only thing is I haven't had a chance to fire it up through my rig, hopefully tomorrow no one will be home and I can open it up.

I got a good deal I had a coupon too so I saved some bucks.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
No problemo...I'm pretty psyched to plug it in

Redstone

Reaction score
I almost bought one, but restringing a floyd style trem gets annoying for me (I'm not very smart)

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to get back.

Here's a few pics. The paintjob is really nice. I plugged it up into my rig I was surprised by the sound, I kind of expected a real dark tone which is what is usually what you get with imports. (These are made in the Fender Ensenada plant, Mexico) But the pickup sounds pretty decent and fairly bright. Harmonics a-plenty, easy to get nice pinch harmonics anywhere on the board. The real test as we all know is hearing it full tilt with the band. I didn't bring it to rehearsal this week, but we're getting together again this Friday so I'll have it then. If I don't like it I was thinking of either throwing a Super Distortion in it or a JB....maybe even a Pearly Gates. I have one of those Duncan Custom 78's in another guitar so that's an option also Not sure what I'll do.

The neck is super comfortable, real fun to play. The D-Tuna came set up perfectly intonated. First time for that's ever happened owning a guitar with a D-Tuna. I had a few Peavey Wolfgangs and they never came set up properly.

Overall I like it! I had a nice 20% off coupon with Musicians Friend so I saved some bucks and with tax was under $800. It's plenty of guitar for that price. I usually steer clear of imports but I had to have this one. Only thing I don't like is I think they could have come up with a different headstock logo. EVH is fine but the way it's presented looks kind of cheapo IMO.

Also, I know the yard is a disaster. Pavers and a new shed coming soon! LOL

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 69

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Forgot to add...I waited for this thing since March. I signed up for the pre-sale and just got it the week of July 22nd. I was kind of put out by it, not sure why it took so long especially since I got a super low serial number on this thing.

Lukin

Reaction score
I'd be afraid to play one of these.I would think everyone would expect you to be as good as EVH....

Rocktane

Reaction score
Congrats! That's beautiful! Good hear it came set up properly too! I'm saving my pennies... I will have one but it might be a few more months.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be afraid to play one of these.I would think everyone would expect you to be as good as EVH....

Yeah, there was a guy in Rick James' band in the early 80's . He had a Black/Yellow VH II style guitar ...but it didn't look right to me
I mean , EVH really made his own stamp with that ghetto garage guerrilla tape stripe sh*t......nevermind his playing

I get it in a tribute sense though. They look really cool and are probably put together very well....I just wouldn't go there personally

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Congrats did it come with an original floyd rose or a kahler tremolo?

Comes with a Floyd Rose stamped EVH trem. I'm pretty sure it's one of these FR-1000's. I'll upgrade that to an original eventually.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 34

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
Kraemer, Peavey, Ernie Ball, Fender...

Bah, there is no EVH guitar anymore. Just branding abuse at this point.

Reactions: brp

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The trem is good. It's not an Original Floyd Rose most likely it's an FR-1000 which is stamped Floyd Rose and EVH.

I know. It's a Korean-made OFR with a D-Tuna. Supposed to be just as good as the USA-made version since they use the same metals.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
I know. It's a Korean-made OFR with a D-Tuna. Supposed to be just as good as the USA-made version since they use the same metals.

At this point it seems ok but the will it stand the test of time and abuse? Not sure.