"EZ" drummer

• Thread starter darrylportelli
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darrylportelli

Reaction score
hey guys I got this ez drummer and I just cant get the damn thing to work!!!
I know its not a stand alone program and that its a VST plug in but how the heck do I open it?!?!?!?
I have adobe audition 3.0 installed and abelton live(came with my m-audio fast track pro)....
can I open it with these soft ware??
any help is appreciated so I can start laying some drum tracks for Ideas that I have...
thanks

darrylportelli

Reaction score
update:

so I managed to get ez drummer loaded through ableton live.
what is a good sequencing software that I can load ez drummer through, load an mp3(a recorded guitar track) and drag and drop samples from ez drummer??

thanks

Hayride13

Reaction score
There is NO such thing as an easy drummer. They are all a pain in the ass. ;)

Q. Why did the drummer put his sticks on the car dashboard?

A. So he can park in the handicap parking spot.

Q. What does a drummer use for birth control?

A. His personality.

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
There is NO such thing as an easy drummer. They are all a pain in the ass. ;)

Q. Why did the drummer put his sticks on the car dashboard?

A. So he can park in the handicap parking spot.

Q. What does a drummer use for birth control?

A. His personality.

Q: How many drummers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: All of 'em. cause not one of 'em is gonna get it right the first time.

KILLER-WATTS

Reaction score
Q: How many drummers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: All of 'em. cause not one of 'em is gonna get it right the first time.

Q : How can ya tell if the stage is level ?

A: The drummers dribbles outta both sides of his mouth .

There once was a drummer that got sick and tired of being the butt of the bands jokes , so he decided to become a guitar player .. next morning he heads out to the store and says to the salesman , " I'm after a Les Paul and a Marshall ! " .. salesman replies " you're a drummer ! " dude says " yes , how did you know ? " salesman replies " cuz this is a hardware store ! "

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Q : How can ya tell if the stage is level ?

A: The drummers dribbles outta both sides of his mouth .

There once was a drummer that got sick and tired of being the butt of the bands jokes , so he decided to become a guitar player .. next morning he heads out to the store and says to the salesman , " I'm after a Les Paul and a Marshall ! " .. salesman replies " you're a drummer ! " dude says " yes , how did you know ? " salesman replies " cuz this is a hardware store ! "

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!:lol: Man....it's a sad recuring phenomina I know i'm not helping the OP out but, i am watching as i am getting EZ drummer as well so i would like some info on it as well.

KILLER-WATTS

Reaction score
hey guys I got this ez drummer and I just cant get the damn thing to work!!!
I know its not a stand alone program and that its a VST plug in but how the heck do I open it?!?!?!?
I have adobe audition 3.0 installed and abelton live(came with my m-audio fast track pro)....
can I open it with these soft ware??
any help is appreciated so I can start laying some drum tracks for Ideas that I have...
thanks
When you installed it , you should have placed it in your main recording software's plug-in folder , when using your recording program you open your plug -ins you'll see it there ... that's the simplest way I can explain it .

darrylportelli

Reaction score
I managed to load it , but I need a software that I can just drag and drop already created beats from the library not create my own!!!!
I just load my guitar track(recorded with just a metronome) and then I simply drag and drop the beats and fills, in the manual of ez drummer it says it can be done!!!

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I managed to load it , but I need a software that I can just drag and drop already created beats from the library not create my own!!!!
I just load my guitar track(recorded with just a metronome) and then I simply drag and drop the beats and fills, in the manual of ez drummer it says it can be done!!!

cool edit pro? Acid pro? you can drag and drop with those. at least acid pro 4 and cool edit pro up to ver 2.

darrylportelli

Reaction score
OK I found the perfect software for ez drummer, its called reaper... I can load a guitar track recorded with a metronome then drag and drop drum loops from the library and you can even edit the loops....

if there is some body that needs some help on how to get ez drummer going, just ask, ill gladly walk you through what took me ages to figure out on my own!!!

j2112c

Reaction score
10x Im already trying to use it....once you get it going to the point where you drag and drop, its preety easy to use....just record with a metronome and youre golden!!!!

I may ned your advice D. as I should have EZ drummer next week... if I have problems I will necro-post this thread.:):hippie:

Actually EZ was recommended by a mate who makes some great albums as he said he no longer wanted to go through the trauma of recording drums... diplomatically.. he failed to disclose if that was due to the recording process or the drummer itself!:lol:

Last edited:

ToddOwnz

Reaction score
It's definitely a really cool program. For a while i was playing around with EZdrummer and the drum-kit from Hell add-on...very cool with a ton of beats. I'd recommend it if you want more versatility and/or heavier drum tracks

j2112c

Reaction score
It's definitely a really cool program. For a while i was playing around with EZdrummer and the drum-kit from Hell add-on...very cool with a ton of beats. I'd recommend it if you want more versatility and/or heavier drum tracks

Thanks for the info....:)

darrylportelli

Reaction score
I reccomend that you get a software called reaper, its not freeware but from what I gather its a never ending trail, you just get a window when you open it up, and after 5 seconds you press keep evaluating........
when you get it Ill walk you through it bit by bit john.....(its a pain in the ASS if you give it a crack alone)

I installed 6 addons: drumkit from hell, claustrophoebic,latin percussion,twisted kt, vintage rock, nashville.....

only the DFH, latin and vintage worked, the others either crash my pc or the nashville tells me to upgrade ez drummer to the latest version....maybe for the ones that are crashing my pc I need to update too, but the normal pop/rock + DFH is all you'll need to play any kind of rock and metal!!!

wkcchampion

Reaction score
I use DrumCore 3 or the DAW drum machine. Drumcore is free. EZ Drummer costs a lot...
You only get one drumset with it though, but it doesn't sound like a real drummer anyway. I only use MIDI bases from CDs as I gave up writing my drums years ago. "Marco, your drum patterns sound like someone drunk is playing them" which for someone may be good indeed... uhm

Latest posts