Family picture

• Thread starter elcid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elcid

Reaction score
Cleaning up the studio and decided to take a family pic

2012-07-02153703.jpg

trenchcoat

Reaction score
Gee Elcid, When I opened the tread I expected to see your wife and kids! lol...

Nice lot!

elcid

Reaction score
A project that I got too financially deep into to back out of, but a guitar I always wanted
It stared life as a 2010 or 2011 61 RI
Then I had a LP Custom headstock overlay laying around and I always wanted a 2 pickup white SG Custom Like the Elliot Easton sig, but with a 61 RI neck so i ordered the gold hardware and had an ebony fretboard with block inlays and giant fretwire made and installed.

The tuners, stop bar and tune-o-matic are all tone pros locking hardware, the pickups are WCR Fillmores

trenchcoat

Reaction score
A project that I got too financially deep into to back out of, but a guitar I always wanted
It stared life as a 2010 or 2011 61 RI
Then I had a LP Custom headstock overlay laying around and I always wanted a 2 pickup white SG Custom Like the Elliot Easton sig, but with a 61 RI neck so i ordered the gold hardware and had an ebony fretboard with block inlays and giant fretwire made and installed.

The tuners, stop bar and tune-o-matic are all tone pros locking hardware, the pickups are WCR Fillmores

Big money for a one off you like.. That's pretty darn cool.

elcid

Reaction score
The big expense was they had to refinish the neck, that itself was almost 50% of the labor cost but the thing plays like a dream, my only complaint is the side dots on the binding are a little too big. Im not sure if that's something they did or if strips of binding come with the dots pre-installed. It's a small thing that probably 95% of people wouldn't notice, but I have to not look at it because little things like that drive me mental.

BeardedRetroGuy

Reaction score
The big expense was they had to refinish the neck, that itself was almost 50% of the labor cost but the thing plays like a dream, my only complaint is the side dots on the binding are a little too big. Im not sure if that's something they did or if strips of binding come with the dots pre-installed. It's a small thing that probably 95% of people wouldn't notice, but I have to not look at it because little things like that drive me mental.

I've followed people on-line who build guitars. The side-dots are installed after the binding and fretwork are in place. You use a drill press to drill the hole, then add some super-glue and press in the little dot. Then you wait until it dries and then sand the thing flush.

So yeah, they most likely they did it. I can totally understand your mentality on it. When I got the Gibson SG, I didn't even notice that it had dot inlays instead of trapezoid inlays. When I realized that, I was SO tempted to take it back to the store. But then logic stepped in. It's a small cosmetic detail that has no effect on the instrument's sound at all. And I only spent $500 on a relatively new Gibson guitar. That's pretty flippin awesome. So I made myself calm down and give it at least a fair shot before I made any hip-jerk decisions.

elcid

Reaction score
So yeah, they most likely they did it. I can totally understand your mentality on it. When I got the Gibson SG, I didn't even notice that it had dot inlays instead of trapezoid inlays. When I realized that, I was SO tempted to take it back to the store. But then logic stepped in.

Not for nothing, but they do make those inlay stickers you can pick up for a few bucks. I put some on my jaguar bass so it has blocks instead of dots. They don't get inthe way, arent permanent and look real

TKOjams

Reaction score
Nice collection. Is that a Gibson or Epiphone Korina Explorer on the ground?

It's an Epi I picked up dirt cheap( $200 shipped) with a seperated neck joint. Brand spanking new. There was almost no glue in the neck joint, glued it up, pulled the plastic off of the pick guard and pups and it plays and sounds great.