Favourite wah pedal?

• Thread starter diesel king
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rads

Reaction score
Has tried/owned and sell weeping demon, vai bad horsie 1 & 2, morley pro..
CAE wah is nice...i've tried one, and for me it's a great wah pedal.
Discontinued Dunlop JH-1B is better suite for me, the closest to JH-1B is zakk wylde.
And almost all dunlop pedal has GCB-95 PCB. So i bought cheap GCB-95, bought a red fasel and mod it to true bypass and gone to zakk wylde specs. And now it fits me better.

But, still in curious about Cantrell wah....mayble will try one.:fingersx:

glina

Reaction score
Has tried/owned and sell weeping demon, vai bad horsie 1 & 2, morley pro..
CAE wah is nice...i've tried one, and for me it's a great wah pedal.
Discontinued Dunlop JH-1B is better suite for me, the closest to JH-1B is zakk wylde.
And almost all dunlop pedal has GCB-95 PCB. So i bought cheap GCB-95, bought a red fasel and mod it to true bypass and gone to zakk wylde specs. And now it fits me better.

But, still in curious about Cantrell wah....mayble will try one.:fingersx:

seen my review? ;)
http://www.marshallforum.com/tone-zone/34927-has-anyone-tried-jerry-cantrell-wah.html#post499121
check that one if you didn't - might answer some questions about the JC95..

Jack92CH

Reaction score
I just ordered the Vox V847.

Got a TC Electronics "Hall of Fame" reverb too. Gonna be tasty.

Alt Freak

Reaction score
Just got me one of dem CAE-404 Wah's. Traded in my Vox 847 for it. The bitch is bad

SlyStrat

Reaction score
RMC Teese Wizard. Compared it to the Picture and liked it more. The Wizard isn't as bright and the notes are fuller.
I'd like to try the Wheels of Fire.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Crybaby 95q. It's switchless, has a boost, adjustable frequency range and it sounds great. Nuff said

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
morley_man_vintage-59279583.jpg

Yea, I wish! Lemme splain...

I have loved the sound of wah-wah's since the first days of me listening to R&R.

But not just any wah, I have come to understand that the original Tel-Ray Morley wah is the one on so many of the recordings I loved, (and still love).

The original 'chrome tank' had a frequency sweep of 25-4000Hz, and was designed for use with numerous instruments (not just guitar).

To cut to the chase, does anyone know if there is a wah that can be purchased new, that has a frequency sweep that goes as low as the original Morleys? Any help would be appreciated...:fingersx:

If not, don't let my post derail this thread, I'll be over in the corner, kicking the cat...:D

i dont know of one, BUT, you should be able to mod any wah to accomodate a wider frequency spectrum, but the design of the old morley is pretty unique.

if thats not an option for you, i have one, i might be willing to part with for the right offer...its early 70's, big chrome, its got fuzz and wah. just did a recap job last year. replaced the electrolytics, so its quiet works great.
its been modded too. its true bypass, the volume pedal part of the circuit has been disabled. and the switch to actuate the wah has been moved to under the paddle (like a crybaby) instead of having to switch it on the side and then move over to operate the sweep.

im not sure i really want to get rid of it, but like i said, if you want to make me an offer...i would at least consider it.

all that being said THE BEST WAH EVER IS THE 60'S ELECTRO HARMONIX BIG MUFF PI CRYING TONE PEDAL.

BEST EVER! but very rare. mine was stolen many years ago. bastard.

spikei

Reaction score
Had a crybaby in the 80s but the pot was scratchy, good wah though.
Got a Morley pro11 dist/vol/wah now, but i wasn't that impressed with it at first, volume was either on or off and the wah was weak and undefined, then i read up on it and found you can adjust the volume sweep and the wah tone by adjusting the LEDs in side the pedal, sounds very good now, better vol control decent wah even the distortion is usable if you keep the drive down. does the job and doesn't alter the guitar into amp tone much.

V-Killer

Reaction score
Bad Horsie 2....seriously. Tweakable with the contour and level. And the selling point is the spring loaded pedal with no switch. I used a 535 q for years and this just devours it.