Fender Deville 212 Rivals my Plexi!!! Seriously!

• Thread starter Human Steve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Human Steve

Reaction score
I CANNOT believe this! I just got a Hot Rod Deville 2x12 and it sounds just fine on its own, through the stock speakers and all.
BUT! - I ran it like I run my plexi, clean channel cranked through a 4x12 with greenbacks (with an attenuator so I can live through it) and I cannot belive the result! I only had the volume on about 2 o'clock, (7 or 8) same as I have the Marshall usually and it breaks up just the same!
I seriously can't decide which amp to use anymore, so I switch back and forth.
NO KIDDING, the Deville can do Plexi tones and then some! No need for channel jumping, the Deville has a ton of low end if you need it.
I don't even bother with the Deville's drive channel because the clean channel just kicks so much ass cranked!
WOW!
So if you're on a budget and want plexi tone at a great price, get yourself a deville and an attenuator. Or steal your friends Marshall haha

Hillcountry

Reaction score
I think Robin Trower did the same thing for a while with the same result. I remember reading an interview where he said he was playing through some Devilles linked to 4x12s.

They are good sounding amps when opened up.
-Hillcountry

X2203xman

Reaction score
An old roommate of mine had a 1x12 deville.We both agreed that the dirty channel was bad,but he ran pedals with the clean channel,and it sounded good.Wish I could have heard that clean channel cranked.Got any any clips?

Human Steve

Reaction score
No clips, perhaps I'll put up a youtube video in the near future! If and when I do I'll post it here! Just gotta find some time, but that's a good idea