• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Fender Sidekick Series

• Thread starter AlvisX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you already know about these great sleeper , ROCK amps
I stumbled on 'em a couple decades ago thru my X wife, who bought one when she had a bit of lottery luck
I used it on gigs where the old Marshall was just overkil ....and would've made me NO friends ...cafes ,smal clubs
Ive even used it live on the BBC

I stumbled upon this one for 15 bucks last year .I just got around to replacing a broken fuse holder , cleaned the pots and re-flowed the control solder joints . The stock 8" speaker sounded exactly like sh*t . I jacked the amp into the "micro" stack w/ 2x Celestion G10 Vintage ...glorious !
I ended up getting a G8C from my friends at WGS (yes ,call me a shill ) .It was perfect ...loud , fat , it doesn't have the harsh highs of the cheap ass stock 8 incher . I can't stop playin it. Like a Marshall (In my opinion) it makes every guitar you plug into it ,sound the way that guitar is supposed to sound !!

All this being said , I would totally avoid all other Fender solid states ...Frontman series sucks IMO ....cheap sounding "kid" distortion ....uugggh ,I can't stand that sh*t

Honorable mention to the Squier 15 ,it's a rocker .I think I got this one for 8 bucks
Insane ,thru a full stack ! :lol: 😮:fingersx: