First Marshall.

• Thread starter LP Marshall Dude
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LP Marshall Dude

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am looking to buy my first Marshall amp. I really do not know what I am looking for. I like to play Green Day, Slash, Hendrix and all.of those guys. I own a stray but plan to buy a LP soon, my budget is 500 US. But I live in NZ so everything is more expensive here. So yeah, please suggest some amps for me! Cheers.:dude:

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Given you live in NZ there is not going to much there for $500US or less. Best option for you I think is to check out the second hand market (ebay, etc) and let us know what is listed for how much. Then the members here can help you choose a decent amp for a decent price.

cheers

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
You could check out the new DSL40Combos,,,,would be a great first amp and right on the money...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
What do you plan to do w/it? At home? Live w/a band? Do you want something that you can just use now, or something that you can grow into a bit? There different ways to approach it ... yes, money definitely plays a huge part, but you also have to consider where you are now, and where you plan to be in the coming years. For example, a Class 5 combo along with a nice pedal would be a wonderful option for right now, but if you plan on gigging w/a band anytime soon, you might find it falls a bit short volume wise ... dig?

I think SC has a great suggestion w/the DSL40 combo ... would be a terrific 'transition' amp as well.

God, how I would have loved having a Marshall at 13 :h5:

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
a used JCM2000 DSL100 or JCM2000 DSL50 might be a good pickup and they're about $500 of less used.

LP Marshall Dude

Reaction score
What do you plan to do w/it? At home? Live w/a band? Do you want something that you can just use now, or something that you can grow into a bit? There different ways to approach it ... yes, money definitely plays a huge part, but you also have to consider where you are now, and where you plan to be in the coming years. For example, a Class 5 combo along with a nice pedal would be a wonderful option for right now, but if you plan on gigging w/a band anytime soon, you might find it falls a bit short volume wise ... dig?

I think SC has a great suggestion w/the DSL40 combo ... would be a terrific 'transition' amp as well.

God, how I would have loved having a Marshall at 13 :h5:
At home mainly, maybe with a band. When I get serious about playing in a band, in the next few years, I will save up for a big Marshall stack! But for now I need something to supplement my Fender Mustang II 40 watt.