flu shots again.

• Thread starter scat7s
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
No freaking way, never trust that $h!t. The only way to stay healthy is wash your hands frequently and keep your hands away from your face unless your hands have been washed first.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
meh- I don't see what the hoopla is all about. Don't want it...don't get it. I don't think it'll kill you if you do though. I can't really see a conspiracy here. Seems most people that take 'em have no issues at all. Personally I never do but...whatever. $.02.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
I love the flu shot and I get it every year. Never had the flu. If I could get a flu shot every day, I would.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
The people lining up every year to beg for the needle are the same ones who would be first to hop on the trains.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
Got the shot last year and still got the flu, mild case but still got it, Dr afterwards said it was only 17% or effective.....

Cadblaster

Reaction score
As cheap as the flu shot is, what have you got to lose......:hmm:
It's about the most vulnerable anyhow, I.E. the young and old.
On the other hand I'm a whole lot more worried about the TB and HepB & C going around.....:wave:
Was hoping to kill my liver the old fashioned way, One drink at a time.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
I get the flu shot. It has never made me sick and I haven't had the flu in many, many years. The last time I did get the flu I was absolutely miserable on top of the crohns, and wound up in the hospital. I've taken the shot ever since.

My thoughts on the subject are that I have never contracted any of the other weird diseases we are generally immunized for, and have seen no personal harm from the flu shot. I'll keep doing it. Even if it just lessens the effect of the flu, I'm still in.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
Please explain the trains comment. I keep thinking about an Aushwitz train or people fleeing a zombie apocalypse, and I guess I don't see the analogy.

My insurance company doesn't charge me a cent for a flu shot, and insurance companies are all about money. Obviously they feel they save a buck in it. If you don't trust your doctor's advice about a flu shot, how could you trust them about anything?

I dunno man, I have lots of friends that are doctors that get the flu shot themselves, and not trusting some of these folks I have known all my life would be like not trusting my own mother. It's simply a form of risk management. I think most people realize it's not a guarantee.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
think its a higher level of distrust.
i dont trust the medical system myself.
doctors do what they are programed to do, nothing more. toss ya a few scripts and send ya on your way
all the while being told that they are doing the right thing.

Latest posts