For those looking for small practice amps

• Thread starter bluesymetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bluesymetal

Reaction score
Check out this little guy, crate V508, I found it in my basement, I bought it when I was about 13 and hated it, but now that I know how to actually play and use gear I'm digging it. It's a all tube 5 watt little 8" combo that sounds really good with a boost. They also have a line out that you can slam the front of your old marshall with as a boost, or put into an effects return. I think you can find them for under $100.

Here are some quick clips, first are some riffs from my band and the second is some lead masturbation. You can hear the guitar strings, so it's pretty low volume, but they get pretty loud too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C16EphBqTYM]‪Little crate amp boosted rhythm‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbRQ6XShf4&feature=related]‪LIttle crate amp boosted leads‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

madmmx

Reaction score
Those are great little amps. They kinda have a cult following. If you search the internet. There are lots of mods out there for them.

They sound even better if you put them in a cab with a 12" speaker

satchfan

Reaction score
That does sound good without having the problems of a large wattage amp cranked up & blowing out the windows!

BTW I stumbled on this by accident, if you time it right & press play on both clips, with the key you're in you can play with yourself, so to speak!

You'll all be tryin' it now!

Steve

bluesymetal

Reaction score
lol nice, think I'm in aminor but go into e at the end of the second clip.

bluesymetal

Reaction score
Those are great little amps. They kinda have a cult following. If you search the internet. There are lots of mods out there for them.

They sound even better if you put them in a cab with a 12" speaker

I wasn't aware of that, I'm not much on modding but it might be fun to bust out a soldering iron and give it a try.

Latest posts