Forgive me forum members for I have sinned...

• Thread starter PentodeLicious
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Yes. I bought a bugera 6262 infinum.
Was on sale And I wanted the 5150 style sound.

Hooked it up to my 2536 cab, seriously are you f****&&@ kidding me?
The sound to price ratio is criminal:shock:

The amp with stock tubes sounds great!
Played around with some preamp tubes and damn!!!
This amp sounds incredible now!

It is loud as hell. unplayable at bedroom levels.
Dare I say it is one of my favorite amps now.

And no i'm not sponsored by bugera.
Just have a listen for yourself.
Recorded with loadbox since it is too loud to record with cabinet at my home.

bugera_6262_infinum.jpg

V-man

Reaction score
“Traditionally” your risk of buying a Bugera was not about a shit sound… it was about getting a shit build, which they have been infamous for and not something I’d be good with for the precarious nature of tube amplification.

IDK what these go for, but there are so many Peavey 6505s on the market I have to wonder now cheap these have to be to incentivize the purchase over a craigslist Peavey.

Just looked at SW- $729 and NFW… EVER.

New Peavey 1992 spec is 1,300 and a used 6505 is within $50 of a new Bugera.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
HNAD
Really nice improvement with the preamp tube change. A bit scooped like a dual rectifier but with a tighter bottom end. What guitar did you use?
Interesting how it will behave in a full mix.
The guitar is my pimped out LTD EC-256.
Pickups changed(stock ones are pure garbage), added locking tuners and did a setup on my own.

“Traditionally” your risk of buying a Bugera was not about a shit sound… it was about getting a shit build, which they have been infamous for and not something I’d be good with for the precarious nature of tube amplification.

IDK what these go for, but there are so many Peavey 6505s on the market I have to wonder now cheap these have to be to incentivize the purchase over a craigslist Peavey.

Just looked at SW- $729 and NFW… EVER.

New Peavey 1992 spec is 1,300 and a used 6505 is within $50 of a new Bugera.
They had issues in the past but the newer ones fixed that.
looking at the guts looks pretty decent for this price point.
Overall the amp does not feel at all cheap.
My ENGL Fireball 100(costs almost 4 times more) looks and feels cheaper quality wise.
Time will tell.

ENGL (Not fireball but looks the same inside):
Engl-Pro-Artist-Edition-E412AE-50-W-Vintage-Style-Head-E653-1.jpg

BUGERA 6262 infinum:

dscf3079.jpg

Central Scrutinizer

Misanthropic Humanitarian
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a Bugera T50, great sounding amp.
As stated earlier, they do ‘punch above their weight’.
Congratulations on the new amp.

mmrizio

Reaction score
I also love my Bugera's. TBH I liked the 6260 better than the 6262, but not by much. For most, the flexibility of the 6262 outweighs it.
Here in Europe, you can pick up a used one for ~250 Euro. I am not sure that would get you the newer Infinium model, but if it would catch fire, it probably would have done it by now :)
For a 5150 you would probably need to triple that. And I liked the sound of the Bugera better: I guess they started off with a copy, and started changing enough to get outside the lawsuit territory. But they do it with taste!

PelliX

Reaction score
But why such an ugly pcb?

To be fair, the colour of the PCB shouldn't really be a defining factor in an amp, but I certainly know what you mean. Looks pretty much identical to some of the Friedman's I've seen which also bear a hefty price tag. I'm probably going to catch some flak for that statement, but so far they've left me fairly unimpressed. The build quality is nothing special, the board layouts seem a bit iffy often. The tone is fine, and I see what people like about that, but to me they sound like a pushed Marshall generally. Not that that's a bad thing, of course, but I don't see much added value.

As for the Bugera, you get what you pay for and they can sound great of course. Don't expect a Rolls Royce for the price of a Fiat, but if you're looking for a Fiat, that's a fine deal.

HNAD and keep rockin'!

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! I’ve toyed with the idea of grabbing a V22.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
They had issues in the past but the newer ones fixed that.
let's hope so...

I was interested in a local sale, where a guy had an Infinium bass head, that was supposed to be their version of an SVT - many said it was an SVT killer.

So, I contacted the guy & he said, let's meet up at GC & you can try it out. Ok, no problem. They let him in w/ it, to try out a cab, & I try it out. Sounded pretty good, although I really didn't want to crank it, in the store.

While we were sitting there, talking, it gave up the ghost, all the sudden a loud phfizzing sound. It blew a cap/resistor, or something & no longer made sound...

I wanted it, as a cheap backup. A backup should be working & dependable, at minimum, which, this amp already didn't seem to be. He offered it at an extreme price drop & I still refused. I suppose I could have fixed it, but, IMO, he should fix it, & get the most it's worth. I wasn't buying something to be another project...

knulp

Reaction score
To be fair, the colour of the PCB shouldn't really be a defining factor in an amp, but I certainly know what you mean. Looks pretty much identical to some of the Friedman's I've seen which also bear a hefty price tag. I'm probably going to catch some flak for that statement, but so far they've left me fairly unimpressed. The build quality is nothing special, the board layouts seem a bit iffy often. The tone is fine, and I see what people like about that, but to me they sound like a pushed Marshall generally. Not that that's a bad thing, of course, but I don't see much added value.

As for the Bugera, you get what you pay for and they can sound great of course. Don't expect a Rolls Royce for the price of a Fiat, but if you're looking for a Fiat, that's a fine deal.

HNAD and keep rockin'!
I think guitar amps today are priced almost randomly indeed and a smart company could even get high quality for low price,the difficulty being having a very good design and implementation:the Jim Marshall of today should be an engineer with extra knowledge in other disciplines..

Take jet city:cheap but very good quality.
However,like Soldano(until very recently),built like the designer is really old school versed..

Now take vht/fryette:they could be cheaply made in china as they are very efficiently engineered and all pcb wiring..the costly part is Steve Fryette thinking.
But he really takes advantage of what a pcb allows too and he would never consider building a ptp amp!
That’s the way pcb amps should be

I don’t think that’s the case of Friedman and many others that could (for the price should) even be handwired as they are not really that modern in design..

Now take a dsl100h:quality pcb,appealing aesthetics and very neat design.
A microchip doing quite a lot of efficient,silent and fast switching for very low cost:that’s what being a forward company is but that requires an efficient r&d that goes well beyond the rethinking of old circuits.
You ‘ll never see that at Friedman

And a dsl100h costs like a Bugera…

In the end there’s great tone at any price and with some smart used scoring even state of the art exceptional quality..

I mean..some years ago you could find a fryette sig X or a deliverance or pittbull for what a Bugera costs new now

nortiks

Reaction score
OK, so I wanted to hear the Bugera in context of a mix so I ripped OP's tracks and did a quick mix (hey OP, I'll pull it if you don't want me doing this, just let me know). Since its a test I tried to put several scenarios in it so its not exactly musically coherent, and this is the first time I've picked up a bass in forever, and its a quickie headphone mix, but all that aside, the Bug plays well with others in a dense mix, imo.

Last edited:

PentodeLicious

Reaction score

HNAD and keep rockin'!
Thank You.
Yeah I was not expecting a Rolls Royce but to be fair much higher priced amplifiers are built worse than this one.
The layout of the original amp it is replicating is much more prone to problems.

BTW Rolls Royce ain't what it used to be.
To be fair modern day fiats would probably be more reliable and last longer ;)

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
OK, so I wanted to hear the Bugera in context of a mix so I ripped OP's tracks and did a quick mix (hey OP, I'll pull it if you don't want me doing this, just let me know). Since its a test I tried to put several scenarios in it so its not exactly musically coherent, and this is the first time I've picked up a bass in forever, and its a quickie headphone mix, but all that aside, the Bug plays well with others in a dense mix, imo.

:applause:
Very nice!
It's funny how different musicians have different vision on the drums & bass tracks.
So different than what I had in my mind.for better.
Sound wise I think the bugera passes the full mix test with flying colors!
I might steal your drum and bass parts and send them to my vocals man and make a song out of it.
If it becomes a "hit" i'll give you credits and royalties:kiss:

Edit: also which track did you use? the stock tubes or with the changed preamp tubes?
Also is the drums superior drummer?

Last edited:

nortiks

Reaction score
:applause:
Very nice!
It's funny how different musicians have different vision on the drums & bass tracks.
So different than what I had in my mind.for better.
Sounds wise I think the bugera passes the full mix test with flying colors!
I might steal your drum and bass parts and send them to my vocals man and make a song out of it.
If it becomes a "hit" i'll give you credits and royalties:kiss:
Drums are just a bunch of midi clips that I spliced together that have a variety of business since I wanted to hear your amp in different scenarios... LOL, bass was a trip back to the 1970's testing a mod I did to my PJ to make it sound more like a Rickenbacker. Also, I actually used both of your clips. You played twice on each clip and panned, so I doubled both sides by just using both clips. Nice playing to make it tight enough to work in that scenario... I cranked the drums kinda high just to see if the Bug would make it through all that cymbal mess. That amp sounds pretty darn good to me. What IR(s) did you use?

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Drums are just a bunch of midi clips that I spliced together that have a variety of business since I wanted to hear your amp in different scenarios... LOL, bass was a trip back to the 1970's testing a mod I did to my PJ to make it sound more like a Rickenbacker. Also, I actually used both of your clips. You played twice on each clip and panned, so I doubled both sides by just using both clips. Nice playing to make it tight enough to work in that scenario... I cranked the drums kinda high just to see if the Bug would make it through all that cymbal mess. That amp sounds pretty darn good to me. What IR(s) did you use?
Awesome!
The IR is self made from my 2536 cabinet with SM57.