Friedman Amps, Help Me Out Here.

• Thread starter chiliphil1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right. It’s a sweet amp. I tried out the solid state CR120 which is Orange’s take on a solid state rockerverb. At bedroom up to practice volume......it is very rockerverb. I a/b the amps extensively. Very close. The CR120 is the best solid state amp I ever played. The ROCKETVERB gets better and better the more juice you give it. At volumes above practice level the separation begins and rockerverb is the clear winner. But, at bedroom to practice.....pretty dam close. Really!

At a list price of $449.....food for thought. No tubes either. You can gig with it.

I've been thinking about getting the CR120 for awhile now. I've had a Randall RG100ES which I gigged with and it killed on classic to buttrock. Built like a tank except the foot switch pins. Horrible design and problematic as the amp gets moved around and plugged unplugged.

I also gigged with a Peavey XXL 100 watt SS that really did well. Lots of compliments on tones I tweaked out of her.

So the Orange SS with the Rockerverb preamp I think would be at least a killer back up amp but also home amp.

It's great to hear you be positive about its tone. If it can do practice volume it will be fine miced through a house system.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting the CR120 for awhile now. I've had a Randall RG100ES which I gigged with and it killed on classic to buttrock. Built like a tank except the foot switch pins. Horrible design and problematic as the amp gets moved around and plugged unplugged.

I also gigged with a Peavey XXL 100 watt SS that really did well. Lots of compliments on tones I tweaked out of her.

So the Orange SS with the Rockerverb preamp I think would be at least a killer back up amp but also home amp.

It's great to hear you be positive about its tone. If it can do practice volume it will be fine miced through a house system.

You will shine through it. It didn't sound bad at gig volume....the rockerverb just got better the more juice I gave it. The CR120 also compares well to the OR15. Similar results as rockerverb comparison except the OR15, though excellent was not quite as sweet as rockerverb.

Rob Chapman has a couple of very good videos on CR120. Pretty accurate as well.