• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

FS: 60's Vox 2x12 Cab with '73 Fane 'Blue Label' Drivers UK

• Thread starter surfguy13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

surfguy13

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have a pair of old Vox 2x12 cabs, late 60's, loaded with lovely old Fane POP 50 Blue Label drivers. The cabs are solid 18mm marine ply and even the backs of both cabs are 18mm ply. The tolex is far from perfect but I've seen a lot worse! The grillecloths on both cabs are excellent with no damage at all.

One cab is loaded with a pair of '71 Fanes with the familiar blue steel chassis....these drivers are in perfect condition and sound superb.

These are the original cones and are date stamped.

The other cab will be loaded with a pair of '73 Fane POP 50s (haven't installed them yet!!) with standard chassis.

The cones are also perfect and original on this pair.

I love these cabs/drivers.....I've A/B'd them with a pair of old Sai cabs loaded with a pair of '75 G12Hs and '72 G12Ms with pulsonic cones using a '72 Marshall PA20. The Fanes seem to come somewhere between the two and to my ear sound amazing. I just have too many speakers/cabs!! ;)

NB: Cab with Blue Chassis drivers is now sold. The other cab with '73 Fanes is still available.

Happy to ship these within the UK or indeed anywhere!! Also happy to ship the speakers on their own if someone doesn't want the cabs. Shipping outside the UK would obviously be cheaper without the cabs.

I'd like £100 per loaded cab and shipping, per cab, in the UK via UPS on an overnight would be £9.00. I'm in Cambridge for pick up.

Please PM me for more details/photos.

Cheers

Guy

Last edited:

george76

Reaction score
Re: FS: Pair of 60's Vox 2x12 Cabs with '71 +'73 Fane 'Blue Label' Drivers UK

I bet those fanes are killer. Im "luke warm" interested in this stuff but cant pay for a few weeks. If you've still got em when Im better off I'll be in touch.

surfguy13

Reaction score
Re: FS: Pair of 60's Vox 2x12 Cabs with '71 +'73 Fane 'Blue Label' Drivers UK

No worries!! The cab with the blue chassis drivers is now sold but the 2nd cab with the steel/aly '73 drivers is still available. No difference in sound between the two pairs, they sound identical.

I'm happy to keep the 2nd cab for you, just say the word and I'll remove the post. I'm in no mad rush to sell it.

Yeah, the Fanes sound pretty damn good....like the old Hiwatt cabs. They have a load of sparkle and with a Marshall head they sound amazing. Highly underrated drivers. These old Vox cabs weigh a ton and really kick out the sound so the combo of cab and drivers works really well.

I bet those fanes are killer. Im "luke warm" interested in this stuff but cant pay for a few weeks. If you've still got em when Im better off I'll be in touch.