Full Stack not real stable???

• Thread starter SinistrousMosrite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SinistrousMosrite

Reaction score
Hey all, finally assembled my stack and while it's fairly solid/stable with the casters in the top cab set into the divots in the lower cab, I don't like the look. I removed the casters for the more professional "flush" look and now it's pretty unstable just sitting on the lower cab. It looks WAAAY better, but is there a way to "lock" it in up there without the casters?

Also, the stack is composed of two 1960B cabs since I prefer the sound of the B models, (most important), as well as the look. Just don't like the A cabs. Could this be an issue since I presume the B was never intended for the upper position? (Though fullstacks with two Bs don't seem to be uncommon.)

Mullard Man

Reaction score
Two 1960B cabs must sound huge stacked.

I think if you put some rubber feet on the bottom of the top cab, it would be very stable. I did this once with a couple of no-name straight cabs. The thing wouldn't budge. Looked like a damn refrigerator.

SinistrousMosrite

Reaction score
Two 1960B cabs must sound huge stacked.

I think if you put some rubber feet on the bottom of the top cab, it would be very stable. I did this once with a couple of no-name straight cabs. The thing wouldn't budge. Looked like a damn refrigerator.

I'll try this. Rubber feet like you can get from the hardware store? How did you mount them?

This sounds like it has possibilities. And yes, it looks like a fridge and sounds gigantic. I'm driving 'em with a 1959SLP, so it's freakin' LOUD. Which is what I wanted. :headbanger:

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea heavy duty rubber feet, there are actualy marshall
rubber feet you can get also, but there are many brands
that would work

marshall amp foot

wrathchild1

Reaction score
Hey all, finally assembled my stack and while it's fairly solid/stable with the casters in the top cab set into the divots in the lower cab, I don't like the look. I removed the casters for the more professional "flush" look and now it's pretty unstable just sitting on the lower cab. It looks WAAAY better, but is there a way to "lock" it in up there without the casters?

Also, the stack is composed of two 1960B cabs since I prefer the sound of the B models, (most important), as well as the look. Just don't like the A cabs. Could this be an issue since I presume the B was never intended for the upper position? (Though fullstacks with two Bs don't seem to be uncommon.)

I used 2 full stack gigging for about 2 years with 4 1960 B cabs. I left the casters on. never had a problem. The bottom cabs always moved around alittle, but that was mostly do to the uneven floor I was playing on.

601 Blues

Reaction score
Screw the look!! or maybe they will look better face down on da floor,gotta have function!!
Loud is good, I like ta feel my music, just make sure you wear hearing protection, I keep with me at all gigs, once your hearing is damaged your fucked!! yes it will happen to you superman!!

Latest posts