Fulltone OCD (v1.7)

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

aka "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone cool suggested I start a thread about this pedal.

I bought an OCD v1.4 a few years back and liked it, but hadn't been using it for a while and lent it to a friend. he moved out of state 6 mos later and the pedal went with him. It's cool, he's a great guy.

But so I went out and bought another one a couple/few months back to go with my new 68 Custom Princeton. It says that it's version 1.7. I don't know the difference between versions, but this pedal sounds great.

It does not do high gain. But it does everything from mild break-up to full-on dirty rhythm gains. What I like so much about this pedal is that it's very dynamic, so it responds to your picking attack. This is more apparent at gain settings below 12:00. It's amazing when you put it through a clean amp like a Fender and put the gain really low for some clean/bluesy stuff - and then change your picking from soft to hard. The more you dig in the more distortion you get, and so-on.

It has a toggle switch for either a slightly scooped-mid sound for rhythms or slightly boosted upper-mids for brighter stuff like maybe solos or closer to a Marshall tone. (It is not a "Marshall in a box" type pedal though, there are more suitable pedals for that like the Wampler Pinnacle or the Xotic SL, etc.)

Volume
Tone
Drive
HP/LP toggle switch

It does not color my sound.
It is true bypass.
It's built solid as a rock.
Has four thumb screws for battery change (no tools needed!)
Looks very cool.
The tones it produces would make it a great staple for any guitar rig.
I've tried a million distortion pedals and this is my favorite. (Actually I've probably tried 15 or 20.)

Viking62

Reaction score
I dont know about ver 1.7 either, but the OCD is a really good clean boost pedal. I have 4 totally different Marshall heads and run my OCD through all of them on various settings. Its definitely a desert island pedal!