Gary Moore

• Thread starter Johnny Baynes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Baynes

Reaction score
As of now Gary Moore has become a big influence on me and I love his tone! I have a 2014 Epiphone Les Paul standard and I'm looking to swap out the pickups to get somewhat close to his tone! Can someone recommend a good pickup set that might get me in that direction?

Coronado

Reaction score
If what I read is correct, Gary Moore used a Burstbucker 1 in the neck and a Burstbucker 2 in the bridge (Alnico II Burstbucker). That is just what I read, so I could be wrong.

bigyinuk

Reaction score
Then you'll need one of these. Gary used them for a while apparently (which is why I bought this one). Great OD pedal.

Moller.jpg

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was really fond of this '68 parts Tele in '09

His pedalboard...unfortunately the stage lights changed just as I shot the pic ,so the detail was lost

The amps ....every other night or so he'd alternate one head or the other with 4 hole 100w JCM 800 1959

The Ozzk

Reaction score
He was really fond of this '68 parts Tele in '09

His pedalboard...unfortunately the stage lights changed just as I shot the pic ,so the detail was lost

The amps ....every other night or so he'd alternate one head or the other with 4 hole 100w JCM 800 1959

Those are some cool pictures right there. :yesway:

custom53

Reaction score

Attachments

• Gary Moore and Hamer.jpg
    Gary Moore and Hamer.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

wolf5150

Reaction score
He was known for being a stroppy git, Ginger Baker called him the Pampered Pompadour of Rock and hated him.
I never liked his blues era playing but to this day some of my favourite solos are Gary's. He was untouched when it came to lyrical playing when he was in the mood. Huge loss to the music world. R.I.P

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
He was known for being a stroppy git, Ginger Baker called him the Pampered Pompadour of Rock and hated him.
I never liked his blues era playing but to this day some of my favourite solos are Gary's. He was untouched when it came to lyrical playing when he was in the mood. Huge loss to the music world. R.I.P

Ginger Baker is a colossal douche and a very difficult person to be in the same room with.

Last edited:

wolf5150

Reaction score
Of that I have no doubt but apparently the arguments were over Gary's insistence to rehearse at full volume and then complain that he'd hurt his hearing. Lol

custom53

Reaction score