GC Marshall price increase

• Thread starter Doug63
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Well, I've experienced the exact opposite at L&M in Canada. I bought an Origin 50h and matching 4x12 in 2019. I paid $779.00 for the amp, and $649.00 for the cab. They are both now $100.00 cheaper. Last summer I bought a Fender champ for $1399.00, it is now $1299.00. Like, WTF!!?? when the fuck does that ever happen? I don't get it:wallbash:
Just wait.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
obscene as to what they are charging
Why can Friedman/Bogner/Diezel/Soldano charge $3k+ for a mass produced first world built amp head but Marshall can’t? That long thread on the 2203x pointed out how well built that amp really is—it is on par with the 1959hw.

Sick of crazy inflation? Vote

El Gringo

Reaction score
Why can Friedman/Bogner/Diezel/Soldano charge $3k+ for a mass produced first world built amp head but Marshall can’t? That long thread on the 2203x pointed out how well built that amp really is—it is on par with the 1959hw.

without a doubt .Everybody is trying to gouge out each others eyes

Kutt

Reaction score

You make a good point. But I think the part that raises eyebrows is when nearly overnight something like the 2203x is tagged around $1,899 or whatever, then you refresh your browser and it's jacked to something like $3,200. Shit don't add up that fast whether it be inflation or geopolitics.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
was thinking about pulling trigger on a Origin 50 watt head until I seen the price increase what gives

Not a surprise - anything requiring electronic components are going up faster than inflation which is also rising this year. The global shortage of electronic components affects cars, boats, consumer electronics….. anything. Its a real issue. I work in this industry. Parts that normally were not a problem before can be impossible or take a year to get. You will feel this sooner rather than later with other products.

Doug63

Reaction score
I take that back its 100 bucks higher that 2 months ago was selling for 449.00 now 549.00

fearnpol

Reaction score
was thinking about pulling trigger on a Origin 50 watt head until I seen the price increase what gives
Post Brexit the U.K. has no trade deal as such with the ISA and as it currently is trying to restart a war in Ireland, which was halted thanks to Clinton, it looks like a deal might be some way off.
The US state dept has warned the U.K. of possible sanctions if it doesn’t stop inflaming the situation.
So Brexit that england voted for and the other three countries in the U.K. didn’t but have been pulled out of the EU anyway. Has inflated U.K. export costs.
And your paying for it.

Doug63

Reaction score
anyone want to buy a JCM2000 50 watt that was used at NAMM by Dave Mustaine

Dee Mort

Reaction score
Noticed DSL1HR went from $400 to $450 at L+M a few months back, so now I'm building a Mojotone Studio 1 instead (and an HP Tweed Twin in a head).

soul_schizm

Reaction score
Yeah, its not just Marshall, everything is going up. My rep at Sweetwater sent me a note, "if there is anything I was thinking about buying get it now or pay more"...

There's a global chip shortage affecting everything from cars to computers and everything in between. It took me months to get an EQ pedal from Sweetwater. Not their fault. It has a chip in it that MXR couldn't get ahold of.

If these Marshalls have any kind of a modern chip for any part of its functionality, that could be contributing to the price increase.

All the other things mentioned in this thread could also be contributors.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
You make a good point. But I think the part that raises eyebrows is when nearly overnight something like the 2203x is tagged around $1,899 or whatever, then you refresh your browser and it's jacked to something like $3,200. Shit don't add up that fast whether it be inflation or geopolitics.
Except that it didn’t—the 2203x has always been right under the 1959hw price wise. I’ve wondered for years why the 2203x was so much more expensive than the 2555x—come to find out the 2203x is a much better constructed amp. Didn’t know that until I read that thread a while back here—Marshall marketing def sucks.

Kutt

Reaction score
Except that it didn’t—the 2203x has always been right under the 1959hw price wise. I’ve wondered for years why the 2203x was so much more expensive than the 2555x—come to find out the 2203x is a much better constructed amp. Didn’t know that until I read that thread a while back here—Marshall marketing def sucks.

Actually it pretty much did. I was keeping an eye on the 2203x because I was considering buying it. In very short order it leaped well over the 3k mark from under 2k. Not in increments. Just..... BOOM. 3k+. I was the one who started the thread on the price / price increase on it because I had been watching it.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Actually it pretty much did. I was keeping an eye on the 2203x because I was considering buying it. In very short order it leaped well over the 3k mark from under 2k. Not in increments. Just..... BOOM. 3k+. I was the one who started the thread on the price / price increase on it because I had been watching it.
I believe you but I’ve been questioning the 2555x/2203x price gap for quite a while—must’ve been after the jump iguess

Jaguarguy

Reaction score
I was talking to the owner of a boutique amp manufacturer. He's being hit with 5-8% price increases regularly. He said it's not the price increases as much as not being shipped components. His backlog is largest it has ever been!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man, you and I are on the same team bro,… if you know what I mean,….

(and I think you do!)

groovenev

Reaction score
All I can say is I'm glad I have not sold any Marshalls, could not afford to buy one back... Hope the 4x12 1960's cabs go up... I may sell one of those... LOL