Gear Clearout

• Thread starter Doadman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Doadman

Reaction score
Following my purchase of a new amp I find I am now able to sell my old amp and a number of good quality pedals. The prices quoted are excluding the cost of any carraige.

Marshall DSL401 - £290
It’s in mint condition, has JJ Tesla valves, a Celestion G12T-75 speaker and the effects loop has been modded to serial.

Hardwire Metal Distortion - £55
Does exactly what it says on the tin basically, though I find it quite adaptable. I’ve been using this for all of my distorted tones by tweaking the volume pot on the guitar. It’s in mint condition and comes in its original box.

Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive - £20 SOLD
Mint condition and bought from new so again, it comes in its original box. It’s cheap but is still one of the best Tubescreamer clones you can get. It’s the only pedal I have that isn’t true bypass but I’ve never noticed any loss of tone at all.

Hardwire Delay/Looper – £85 SOLD
As with all Hardwire pedals, this is built like a tank. These are easily the strongest pedals I’ve ever tried and the Delay pedal is arguably the best in the Hardwire range. I think that new they sell for about £150 and as with the other pedals I’m selling, it’s in mint condition and comes in the original box. There's a huge range of quality delay styles available and it seems to be quite rare on the used market.

Hardwire Chorus - £85
Another rare pedal on the used market. This is a beautiful Chorus pedal and the best quality you can buy. Mint condition and in the original box.

MXR MC401 Custom Audio Boost/Line Driver - £55
The beauty of this pedal is that all it does is boost your signal so I find it ideal for solos as it can give you up to 20db of boost instantly without colouring your tone at all. It’s very rare on the used market and the cheapest I can find a new one is £78 plus postage. Mint condition and in the original box.

Diago Pedalboard Flightcase - £40
I can get you the exact measurements if you’re interested but suffice to say that it’s big enough to hold all the pedals listed above plus a compressor, a stage tuner and a Weeping Demon Wah and still have room to spare. It’s a very strong case with aluminium edges and corners. It’s a very durable and professional piece of kit. It’s also deeper than many pedalboards as I don’t have to lock the Wah pedal down for it to fit inside, which I find very convenient. I also usually pile all my wires etc. inside as well so it’s rather multi-functional.

Pictures of any of the above items can be sent on request. They will also be listed on Ebay. Based on my observations of Ebay I think these are fair prices but if you want to make a near offer on any of the gear, feel free to do so; the worst I can say is 'no thanks'.

Last edited:

Doadman

Reaction score
So the Bad Monkey and Delay pedals are now sold and the amp is with a local dealer to sell for me and they will give me back my £290 even after they've taken their commission, though I can get it back off them if anyone else is interested. The Chorus pedal and Diago pedalboard are now on Ebay and seem to be generating a lot of interest but if anyone wants to buy them from here, I can always close the auction early. The Hardwire Metal Distortion and MXR Boost pedals will go on Ebay next week if there is no interest in the meantime.

Doadman

Reaction score
Everything now sold except the Hardwire Metal Distortion and DSL401 if anyone's interested.

Doadman

Reaction score
Yep, it's still available. I've actually given it to a local store to sell for me for commision and what I'm asking for it is basically what they'd be giving me anyway. If you want it I can easily arrange to go in and pick it up for you.

Doadman

Reaction score
Oddly enough, it never occurred to me to take any pictures of it before I took it to the shop. If needs must I suppose I could go and take a few pictures in the shop, though it's not exactly close. I just checked their website but they've not got pictures loaded yet for it themselves and for some reason they've got the price at £475, which is rather higher than they said they'd put it in at. Very curious. Anyway, it really is in mint condition. I've just found the original sales invoice and it was sold brand new on 04/04/2007. If you are serious and need some pictures I'll drive over at the weekend to take some as I have no doubts about its condition at all. There isn't a mark on it. Let me know what you want me to do and it's yours for £290. It's a lot of amp for that. My email address is andrew-whitesl3@hotmail.co.uk

Latest posts