• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Gear no-one else has?

• Thread starter chuckelator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckelator

Reaction score
So, I don't know if this makes me an asshole, but I have this thing...where I like to have gear that no-one I know has. As noted in the Mig-50 thread, I've never really seen them or know anyone that has one, but now I want a Mig 60 just based on that (well, and that it's layed out almost identically to an 800, and the demo vids I've seen of it show off it's killer tone)

I have an Egnater TOL 100, which, most everyone I tell about it has never even heard of, and my V4, which is not exactly rare, isn't all that popular an amp due to Ampeg being more known for their bass stuff. And my Marshall, forget about it, my friends wouldn't even think of spending that much on an amp (luckily mine was passed down from my uncle) And all of this makes me really happy...

Two questions...One, does this make me an asshole? HAHA, and Two, does anyone else have this disorder???

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
the mig 60 is a Fender copy. the 100's the 800 copy. I used to have the 100.

no it's normal,lol. I have a Framus Dragon and a Framus Cobra. almost noone out here has those amps.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
actualy i get the 50 and 60 mixed up all the time. ones a fender clone and the other's a plexi clone. i think the 60's the plexi. the 100 is definitely the 2203 clone though.

X2203xman

Reaction score
Most unknown amp that I know of,,but I doubt anyone is going search it out...it really does sound good except for the hiss and occasional pop most really old tube amps can have,,,think it has a dog piss stain as well..this has got to be rare.he he...I swear I think rover hiked his leg on it.....guess he liked marshalls.....Marathon tremtone,wierd huh? the 3 tubes are a 12au6.a5oc5,and a12av6 sounds like an old fender

Attachments

• cool 006.jpg
    cool 006.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 82

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got a univox bass amp for my bass guy.

its niiiiiiiccccce....

i also have a dynacord echocord super62 tube tape echo....pretty rare, and a great tube preamp as well as tape machine. 1960's made in germany...probably not so rare over in europe...

i like oddball stuff...sometimes.

Spacestation777

Reaction score
Elk amplifiers were manufactured by the Japanese Miyuki Ind. Co. who started out in 1953 making amplifiers. The looks and features certainly were inspired by the Fender amplifiers of the day, but the circuits were quite different though. The original brand name was Echo. In the early 60's Miyuki started making pro quality guitars under the brand name of Elk and later changed the brand name of the amplifiers to Elk as well. In the transistion period the "new" Elk logo had a small Echo beneath it.

Miyuki also used the Luxor and Royal brand names for some of their amps in Europe.

In 1969 there was a big fire in the factory, burning many amps and guitars. Quite a shock for the people who worked there.

The later Elk amps had solid state preamps and tube power amps to become completely solid state amps in the end.

I've been researching the history of Elk for some time now. It looks like that Miyuki stopped manufacturing the Elk amps at some point in time (probably early 1970's) and that Gakki took the brand name over. That is probably the same Gakki as in Hoshino Gakki the manufacturer of Ibanez amps and guitarscustomamp60-pic1.jpg

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Scott Wise telecaster with a Wandoo fretboard.

Fretboard sword fight anybody?

A friend of mine has a Maton electric hollowbody, never seen another one.

Peace

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So, I don't know if this makes me an asshole, but I have this thing...where I like to have gear that no-one I know has. As noted in the Mig-50 thread, I've never really seen them or know anyone that has one, but now I want a Mig 60 just based on that (well, and that it's layed out almost identically to an 800, and the demo vids I've seen of it show off it's killer tone)

I have an Egnater TOL 100, which, most everyone I tell about it has never even heard of, and my V4, which is not exactly rare, isn't all that popular an amp due to Ampeg being more known for their bass stuff. And my Marshall, forget about it, my friends wouldn't even think of spending that much on an amp (luckily mine was passed down from my uncle) And all of this makes me really happy...

Two questions...One, does this make me an asshole? HAHA, and Two, does anyone else have this disorder???

No it doesnt make you an asshole. Im the same. Now JVM's are pretty common but i dont know anyone (outside the net) with one. I have never seen anyone apart from Slash and Bobby Schenk play a Mockingbird. And not many have the Nova System.

But i dont deliberately buy things because other people dont have em, i just seem to like gear that no-one else likes for some reason.

rifjamer

Reaction score
I got a Danelectro dx250 head & 1x12 cab
I've seen plenty of dr or dg 250's for sale, but not a dx
I can't even find any info on it.
REAL clean sound. better than a Fender Twin

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
No it doesnt make you an asshole. Im the same. Now JVM's are pretty common but i dont know anyone (outside the net) with one. I have never seen anyone apart from Slash and Bobby Schenk play a Mockingbird. And not many have the Nova System.

But i dont deliberately buy things because other people dont have em, i just seem to like gear that no-one else likes for some reason.

I saw a video of Slash playing in Melbourne with Angry Anderson, Im sure he was hooked up to a couple of JVM's.

De-rail over.

Peace

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a video of Slash playing in Melbourne with Angry Anderson, Im sure he was hooked up to a couple of JVM's.

De-rail over.

Peace

I think u might have watched the same vid that somone started a thread about a while ago and they worked out that they were the Rhythm Guitarists TSL heads. (A TSL is a mirror image of a JVM2 head (front panel layout wise).

But I could be wrong, it has been known to happen before man. Hahaha. ;)

Riffraff

Reaction score
Not exactly rare but not common either.

Livingroomamp.jpg

boxlabel.jpg

TheDon

Reaction score
I'm the same way. Got a Mig 50H, the "tube midget" w/ master volume, usually A/B with a Fender Twin or TSL 601. Main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Gothic. no one else around here has anything of the sort. Most guitarists I run across thinks I'm weird for using Amp distortion and not distortion pedals :rolleyes: