Getting the most of Marshall 50th Anniversary 1w amps: Share your stories!

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Current buy it now listing JVM1C $700

Ebay Link

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I sold my JMP-1h just before Christmas after advertising it for a month and reducing from £550 to £525. I got the full £525 for it, which I think was a little more than I paid for it some years before. It sounded good when I set it up for the buyer to try, but I have an SV20h and an attenuator and I think that covers more bases for me and I can gig with it: I don't have any problems with volume and an acoustic drummer.

I think they certainly have their uses for home/studio or even mic'd up for gigs, but after I hadn't used mine for 2-3 years it seemed silly keeping hold of it, but then I'm now at a stage where I'm getting rid of excess gear after 7-8 years of GAS and buying stuff before I retired. Had no joy shifting an SC20c amp though, so maybe I was lucky with the JMP1-h. I just keep what I can use now, though I still have too many guitars...

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The currently offered dsl1 tone doesnt equate to any marshall tone ive heard on a record. There is an argument to be made that its a bad sounding amp.

I realky DISliked the dsl1 for the week i had it.
I was disappointed for two reasons
1. The classic channel was shrill, gain channel abrasive and the voicings were not complementary designs for a shared eq
2. It misinforms new players to what a marshall tone is.
I think the current Dsl1 is just another model in the Dsl line for 2018, Nothing “Classic” about it,… except the usual Classic gain channel designation.

It’s two channels, green and red, and It sounds like a Dsl, which is a Marshall tone.

tonedover

Reaction score
I think the current Dsl1 is just another model in the Dsl line for 2018, Nothing “Classic” about it,… except the usual Classic gain channel designation.

It’s two channels, green and red, and It sounds like a Dsl, which is a Marshall tone.
I have not owned any other of the DSL line. You are saying the DSL1 represents the baseline tones of the line? Interesting! Must just not be for me then. Lots of love for the dsl line here.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not owned any other of the DSL line. You are saying the DSL1 represents the baseline tones of the line? Interesting! Must just not be for me then. Lots of love for the dsl line here.
To some degree yes,…. It does have the 2018 Dsl dna, and the “ultra gain” and “classic gain” channels are definitely Dsl.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the Dsl line as you do, not really for me, too much gain and too compressed for my liking.

There are ways to tame that compression some, but there are other things that lead me to a different model.

I do own one though, but it rarely gets played.

Tone is relative of course, these things are obviously subjective. My preference is more of a vintage sounding Marshall.