Gibson les paul standard 2021 specs

• Thread starter giblesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

giblesp

Reaction score
Does anyone know, or could provid a link, for the Gibson LP Standard 60's 2021 specs? Searched online and can't find anything. A youtube video mentions no weight relief, but I'd like to know for sure.
The seller has given a photo of the wight at 9.6ILBs/4.5kg.

Also wondering if the body is one piece or two/multi.

This dude gives a lot of interesting detail...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W6mwY9WShY

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Gibson used to have a Legacy website but it doesn't seem to come up.
Here is an example of a 2021 Standard 60s that is not weight relieved.

At that weight I should think no weight relief. As long as it is comfy weight n sounds great!

LyseFar

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the standards from 21 don’t have weight relief. I studied the specs pretty intensive back when I bought my classic from the same year - that one has the 9-hole wright relief and is a little lighter than yours.

giblesp

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the standards from 21 don’t have weight relief. I studied the specs pretty intensive back when I bought my classic from the same year - that one has the 9-hole wright relief and is a little lighter than yours.
She's not make mine yet, might check it out soon though.

jeffb

Reaction score
Slash Standards and the Original collection 50s/60s standards are all the exact same construction barring neck shape, pickups, tuners, strap buttons, and finish options-No weight relief, two piece bodies.

On very rare occasions, Gibson will throw out a one piece body on a USA production guitar. I have a one piece solid body (2018) Tribute and I'm guessing it's because they had to shave the top or bottom of the mahogany blank/raw body down to remove a flaw- as Tributes have a thinner body to begin with...voila- I shoulda played the lotto the day I bought it. I've also seen a couple of Standards and Trads over the years that had really crazy figure/grain/growth ring backs that were obviously one piece.

The Classics, and most other Gibson production guitars since the buyout and change over for 2019 have various forms of weight relief.

The various years of Traditionals, Standards, Classics, and other models during the latter days of Henry J waffled back and forth on specs/construction ad nauseum, but the "new" Gibson have been very consistent with the models and construction.

giblesp

Reaction score
Yeah I remember having a 1 body/multi body discussion some years back. I think my LP Studio '16 is multi body; couldn't detect any differences in sound/feel compared to a Trad and even Standard of the same year, specs and finish aside.