Gibson Revives the Victory

• Thread starter fitz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Gringo

Reaction score
But it has a TOM and stop tail. Why not a Floyd? Why not rear routed?

I can understand more stylized horns so it's less obvious.

But they own Kramer don't they? Just put out a high quality Kramer with a Floyd.
It certainly is a headscratcher as that would certainly generate more buzz than this design does , but hey what do I know ?

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
They really aren't that bad looking of a guitar. The thing that I think would make them look much better is if they ditched the pickguard. IMHO the pickguard just doesn't go well at all with the guitar design. Also a Floyd would fit it better as well IMHO. They also need more solid color options.

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
I was in Nashville this past weekend and saw some in person at Gibson Garage. I didn't play one because they lock all their guitars so you have to ask, and they had bands playing live...which completely screwed up the experience for me but whatever.

Anyway, some colors definitely look better than others. The Explorer headstock is cool, looks like a rock-n-roll guitar and if they'd never gone out of production everyone would be used to it and I agree, the pickguard is very stupid looking.

I'd not buy one for the new money they are asking, but the right finish at the right price, maybe. Next time I'm at a guitar shop that has one, and doesn't have a live band playing, I'll pick one up to play and see how it feels. I've bought 3 guitars and brought an old one back to life in the last 2 months so my interest in any new guitar is pretty low right now.

Deftone

Reaction score
This came to mind,…..

That was fucking dumb. They could have gave them away or something.

Have they re-released the Corvus yet?

iu