Gibson X - Jimmy Page

• Thread starter thesunship
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesunship

Reaction score
Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

BlueX

Reaction score
Drop a couple pairs of these in for a cheap mod.
Signed, for just a little bit more $$$

BlueX

Reaction score
I don't think Jimmy has oversold his name, so I have no beef here. Probably not in the target group either.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
I don't know, Gibson is kind of boxed into a corner.
Stoopid pricing aside there's not much new to be had.
I went into Norm's rare guitars last week looking to trade up to a new instrument.
But I already have a very nice LP and ES-137 and there was nothing Gibson there that I had to have.
I liked the fender Acoustasonic guitars but they have to charge via a USB B cable in the INPUT JACK.
Internal battery or jack destined to fail in 10 - 15 years I bet.
Hard pass

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have room for one of those things in my house. It'll take up twice the space whenever you take it out of its massive case. I'm not even sure my floor beams would support the weight. I'd have to hang it from my garage rafters at just the right height, so's I can just walk over and play it like it was strapped on. It has 18 tuners and 18 strings. You'll be 3 hours every time you restring it. I wonder if it's as neck-heavy as a regular SG. I like the white ones better, because if you get lost in the mountains you can be spotted easier by the rescue team.

Also, I would prefer a glow-in-the-dark pickguard, tuners, knobs, and switch tips... and Gibson Logos. And fretboard inlays too.

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
I wish Gibson would pay attention to detail. Those new truss rod covers look awfully straight... Jimmy didn't have no straight truss rod covers... :facepalm:

Torren61

Reaction score
How many songs with iconic guitar riffs written by Jimmy Page can you name? On top of those, he's played in many many famous songs by other artists and you may not even know it was him. His value and contribution to Rock and Roll cannot be overstated. And people are always looking for a way to skim money. Put those two together and the result is this.

I never thought I would ever own a guitar valued at over $5k and yet I own several. I never owned one when I was paying child support...

anitoli

Reaction score
How many songs with iconic guitar riffs written by Jimmy Page can you name? On top of those, he's played in many many famous songs by other artists and you may not even know it was him. His value and contribution to Rock and Roll cannot be overstated. And people are always looking for a way to skim money. Put those two together and the result is this.

I never thought I would ever own a guitar valued at over $5k and yet I own several. I never owned one when I was paying child support...
Harley Benton, the SOLUTION to child support..........................................

anitoli

Reaction score
I wouldn't have room for one of those things in my house. It'll take up twice the space whenever you take it out of its massive case. I'm not even sure my floor beams would support the weight. I'd have to hang it from my garage rafters at just the right height, so's I can just walk over and play it like it was strapped on. It has 18 tuners and 18 strings. You'll be 3 hours every time you restring it. I wonder if it's as neck-heavy as a regular SG. I like the white ones better, because if you get lost in the mountains you can be spotted easier by the rescue team.

Also, I would prefer a glow-in-the-dark pickguard, tuners, knobs, and switch tips... and Gibson Logos. And fretboard inlays too.
Yes they are neck dive city. Yes they are a pita to restring unless you are willing to fork out about $275 for new locking tuners which are awesome:

20220810_025250.jpg

Are they cool? YES.

Torren61

Reaction score
ES-1275s are the epitomy of impractical. They are uncomfortable (to me) as well. They are not daily players.

V-man

Reaction score
Looking for any element lacking cringe would be far easier.

From the wooden walk [limp] to the obscurement of his face [age] to plug in and do an anthem had no direct connection with (until last year -and even that performance was widely panned by players) to show two awkward picking strokes, from one of the top 10 superhero guitarists of the era… all to showcase a “limited” run of guitars one would be better off grabbing the originals or even finds within swinging distance of a real 59.

8/10. I’d have gone 10/10 if they had a sunglass-clad, Amy Winehouse-looking nurse nonchalantly change his Depends in latex opera gloves before he strut across the room… like it was the most typical of Wednesday mornings for an aging rock titan..