good or bad amp /origin ?

grainman

Reaction score
ok ..i just want to know from origin owners if theres any jackpot or bad thing i should know about.....im looking 4 a new amp and i tried the origin 50 and 20 in combo this morning and im impressed by the tone versus dollars ....i already have one amp made with pcb all over ..pots input jacks /sockets ,name it and its the 68 deluxe rev custom and i play this amp like hell and theres no troubles with it yet ...so i dont care much about the made in viet nam thing....

grainman

Reaction score
When it comes to Tone per $$$ origin is a very good choice.
I had one of the 20H for a while and liked it until them guys at Marshall decided to put out the 4 holer SV.
You can beat the tone of the Origin but it will cost you a lot more....a lot more!
good to know ....thanks bro.. my 1959slp its the king of my amps right now... but i check for another marshall in a combo

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Origin 20C, changed speaker to Greenback and it sounds great.

But then came the new studio series, so I have to part with some things.

Sold my Mini Jub. combo and the Origin to pay for the new amps.

Last edited:

mad5066

Reaction score
I like mine, 20 head. great pedal platform. I use an attenuator with it and the cleans are great, I'm happy with it. It won't give you crazy breakup like the 4slp will but it takes pedals really well even high gain ones. I can't speak for the combo's speaker but I'd probably swap it out with something better. And honestly, I have no problem buying gear from vietnam or china IF the quality control is there and the component selection is up snuff. I think it's dumb paying 3-4x simply because it was hand soldered, give me a break. But people think that makes it sound better lol

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the Origin 20C, changed speaker to Greenback and it sounds great.

But then came the new studio series, so I have to part with some things.

Sold my Mini Jub. combo and the Origin to pay for the new amps.
I didn’t know you had the Jub Studio too tce63!

I guess that was before Marshall decided to include it in the new Studio Series?

Do you still have your JCM800 Studio?

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know you had the Jub Studio too tce63!

I guess that was before Marshall decided to include it in the new Studio Series?

Do you still have your JCM800 Studio?

Yes, I sold The Jub. and some other stuff to Finance the SV20H and SC20H

The Studio 800 is still here, and will stay :)

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a origin 50H and I want another one!
Cheers Mitch

I fully support that Mitch!

In fact; my wet/dry pair of Origin 50h's just got their 4x12's back last night! Here's my current riggings..

ELVIVKy.jpg

Cheers!

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds good. Do you like it better than the 40C? It seems to have a little more clarity to me.
I like them both, but the origin rig is set up on the same side of the garage as the drum kit and when my grandson is going to be pounding the skins I play the origin, and the origin is my want to be a 1987xl amp on a budget
Cheers Mitch

tmingle

Reaction score
I like them both, but the origin rig is set up on the same side of the garage as the drum kit and when my grandson is going to be pounding the skins I play the origin, and the origin is my want to be a 1987xl amp on a budget
Cheers Mitch
Are you using any boost pedals in the video? Also, how loud is it in the video?

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you using any boost pedals in the video? Also, how loud is it in the video?
I am in the middle power setting, volume at 3 gain, 7 mids, treble, presence, 8 on the dial , SD1 on a clean boost setting, with amps boost engaged, the volume and tone knobs on my LP at full on 10.
And the origin fx send into the clean channel on the mosfet lead 100.
Cheers Mitch