got any LIVE SHOTS!!!

• Thread starter Steve0525
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dcooper830

Reaction score
Do you find that filtering the 1960av through two LP Customs enhances your tone any? :lol::fingersx:
Seriously, though, did you place the guitars there for a reason, like to block some of the sound from the people in the front row? Just curious.

I love that '58 NOS you have there!

Well... partly that seemed like the best place for the guitars from a practical standpoint.... But yes I also put them there hoping it may block a little of the beamy highs.

It helps a little..... not much though.

Cause, yeah, amps always sound glorious to me when I'm of to the side a little..... but as soon as I get right in front of 'em, they sound thin and ice pick-y.

RE: the '58 LP - Thanks! :) That guitar is pure Les Paul Heaven!!

sccloser

Reaction score
Well... partly that seemed like the best place for the guitars from a practical standpoint.... But yes I also put them there hoping it may block a little of the beamy highs.

It helps a little..... not much though.

Cause, yeah, amps always sound glorious to me when I'm of to the side a little..... but as soon as I get right in front of 'em, they sound thin and ice pick-y.

RE: the '58 LP - Thanks! :) That guitar is pure Les Paul Heaven!!

yeah, I notice that sometimes myself. I stand off to the side as well, and everything sounds great, but then if I move directly in front of the cab is sounds more trebbley. None of my cabs have the v30's though. I use the 75's or the GBs so I don't often get the ice picky sound. I might try to use something to block off some of the sound at our next gig so I can crank the amp a bit more. Ever tried a blanket over the cab?

billdncn

Reaction score
'85

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

audiochains

Reaction score
Oh well...last August as the opening act for a festival with Tarot and Amorphis as the main bands.

Me's over there on the right in da pics.

Attachments

• SS1.jpg
    SS1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 21
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 21

HoboMan

Reaction score
You can't see my amp but I promise I was playing thru my JCM800 4210 combo.
I'm on the left using the Les Paul DC.

rewind1.jpg