• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Got my Metroplex II today!

• Thread starter rmlevasseur
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
So happy I went this way! Taking a break from playing it to report, but so far I have been stuck on the VH channel. The plexi channel sounds great too but havent fully explored that yet. Sounds great at lower-reasonable volumes, and I havent even switched it to 50 watt mode yet. The send has a line switch so it works great as a line out for my w/d/w. Despite being maybe the most iconic rock sound out there, I've always danced around the plexi sound, preferring rack stuff in my younger days and my SLO for the last 20. Now I can die a complete man, lol. I'll try to post some clips over the weekend.

Cpt Adama

Reaction score
So happy I went this way! Taking a break from playing it to report, but so far I have been stuck on the VH channel. The plexi channel sounds great too but havent fully explored that yet. Sounds great at lower-reasonable volumes, and I havent even switched it to 50 watt mode yet. The send has a line switch so it works great as a line out for my w/d/w. Despite being maybe the most iconic rock sound out there, I've always danced around the plexi sound, preferring rack stuff in my younger days and my SLO for the last 20. Now I can die a complete man, lol. I'll try to post some clips over the weekend.
That's cool 😎 , I've got a 50 on order and haven't heard a peep or update since the beginning of the year, I was starting to get a little worried. Did they email when it was ready?

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
That's cool 😎 , I've got a 50 on order and haven't heard a peep or update since the beginning of the year, I was starting to get a little worried. Did they email when it was ready?
I wasn't supposed to get mine until Nov-December, but somebody that made a deposit couldn't come up with the balance so I got #48. I had ordered it on Aug 10.

ampeq

Reaction score
Congratulations on an awesome amp. I think they are some of the best amps out there, pricey, but your getting something glorious for your money. I don’t feel that about a lot of other amps in this category. If there is any other amp I would like to have it’s this one.

jeffb

Reaction score
I'm in NC and I know a few families affected by this. Missing kids/relatives. It's heartbreaking and also anger inducing in how its being mishandled.. We've been gathering clothes, etc to donate. A prayer, good vibes and mojo to your family @rmlevasseur

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
I'm in NC and I know a few families affected by this. Missing kids/relatives. It's heartbreaking and also anger inducing in how its being mishandled.. We've been gathering clothes, etc to donate. A prayer, good vibes and mojo to your family @rmlevasseur
Thanks for that Jeff. My parents are ok and dad may be able to leave hospital tomorrow. They had about a foot of water in their house but water in the garage was up to the door handle. Car was totaled, water heater fried, dishwasher fried, dad's scooter fried, fridge is toast, and anything plugged into lower outlets. Their pool is full of mud and seawater, so I assume their pump is toast. My brother handled things last week, now it's my turn to take over. There is definitely a cost to living in paradise, and with the climate change they are already saying they can't do it anymore. With that said, they seem to have fared pretty darn well compared to what happened to some people just down the road.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
So I did have about twenty minutes last night to try to make a very short clip of some hasty doodling and a few VH riffs. I haven't used my daw in ages and I spent almost no time with mic placement, so please dont judge the amp (or me!) on just this. All I did was throw on some reverb, there is no other processing. This is the VH channel with everything but the master on 10. The master was only on about 2.5 but that's all I could do at the time. What I really want to try is putting her on a variac and cranking the master. Recording is a weird thing. I do think this amp has the brown sound in spades and the recording show that, but I dont think the recording really captures the amp in the room. All I had on hand was 2 audix A5 mics, so one mic went on axis and the other went a little slanted more towards the back of the cone. Both mics sounded kinda crap but mixed together it was better. The cab is a 75 Marshall 4x12 with pre rola greenbacks. The recording really needs a high pass to take out the low end rumbling, but it wasnt a good enough take and I didnt have time to bother with all that. When I get back I'll try to do a more pro take and hopefully demonstrate the plex side, which is glorious too. I used my Jem for this.

EDIT: well despite converting the short wave file to mp3 the forum is telling me the clip is too large to download.

EDIT: maybe this

Last edited:

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
put the mxr ten band up front and dropped the bass and boosted gain a smidge and now its soooo close with my LP.

Latest posts