• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

green days marshall aka the dookie amp

• Thread starter death.metal15
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dontfret035

Reaction score
what model is it? i ast l.a sound design,the guy that modded the dookie amp works there now and they say an early marshall jcm 800...billie joe had a clone made and it was called pete,he had it behind him in woodstock 94,it had pete sprayed on it...some say its that one and some say pete is the amp from the backet case video...which one is it? :/ :hmm:
Early JCM800s were rebranded 1987 and 1959s. He has 2 1959s with the same mod. All it does is cascade the gain from one channel into the other. One is set with a touch more gain and is mid scooped, the other is set cleaner and mid forward. I know this is an old thread, but if people are still searching, might as well have the answers.

Oh, one last thing, the other part of the mod, the most important part actually, is BJA's HANDS. Turn it up and beat the hell out of it. only way you'll really get that punch. Otherwise, it'll just sound like 80s hair metal bands that used the same exact mods.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early JCM800s were rebranded 1987 and 1959s. He has 2 1959s with the same mod. All it does is cascade the gain from one channel into the other. One is set with a touch more gain and is mid scooped, the other is set cleaner and mid forward. I know this is an old thread, but if people are still searching, might as well have the answers.

Oh, one last thing, the other part of the mod, the most important part actually, is BJA's HANDS. Turn it up and beat the hell out of it. only way you'll really get that punch. Otherwise, it'll just sound like 80s hair metal bands that used the same exact mods.
Dude, the op hasn’t been here for 12 years!

dontfret035

Reaction score
Dude, the op hasn’t been here for 12 years!
Thats cool, man. There's always people searching for answers. Isn't that the point of a forum? To share knowledge? It will help some kid at some point and that is the important thing. I hate when people like to shut down threads. Share knowledge, don't shut down people for trying to help anyone, even if it isn't directly the OP.

dontfret035

Reaction score
At this point, the “kids” who are into Green Day are pushing 50!
I wouldn't have joined this place if I'd known it was a bunch of old assholes that tell you you're doing everything wrong. So much for comradery. Enjoy your country club where you talk down to everyone.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
At this point, the “kids” who are into Green Day are pushing 50!

I had started a thread on this topic last year, and the numbers suggest that it's not only people who grew up with older music who like it, but the appeal is wide enough that it accounts for the majority of music sold.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have joined this place if I'd known it was a bunch of old assholes that tell you you're doing everything wrong. So much for comradery. Enjoy your country club where you talk down to everyone.

He was just making a joke, so I wouldn't take that personally. This is a very friendly / welcoming forum.

Latest posts