Greetings from the Netherlands !

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Hi all !
Once upon a time in the 90’s I was playing with tubes amp and racks filled with the nicest FX units such as the TC2290 delay , Lexicon PCM80 and many others…..was never satisfied what FOH did with my W/D/W rig and started my modeler journey almost 25 years ago with the early Roland GP8 and many others.

Then around 2003 I went back to tube amps and racks because of the different endorsement deals I had and all the clinics / workshops and stuff….

Some years later Fractal Audio entered the Guitarworld and I tried it and loved it , now for almost 10 years….. somehow never totally satisfied with the Amp sound…. Tons of time tweaking….but saved me lots of trouble carrying around gear and most important : I play In Ear since that time with all the acts….

Recently some interesting developments with great load boxes and speaker Impulses made me look again into the Tubes And love it !!!

Best of Both Worlds for me :)

I love my Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555X into the Suhr Reactive Load into the Fractal FM3 as Impulse Loader and FX .

Will Do some more detailed videos on them soon but here are 2 comparison videos .

Thanks for watching And looking forward learning and sharing good stuff on this forum !

Last edited:

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Greetings so what bands have you played in

Back in the says I had my own Instrumental albums, released by Lion Music / Finland......My second album was with Mike Terrana on drums ( Tony MacAlpine and many others) and 1 song was featuring Derek Sheridan on keys.....it was kind of melodic Instrumental songs in the style of Joe Satriani...not only shredding hhahaahha....sometime had to do that also when you stand in front of only guitar players ;)

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Greetings back from (another part of?) the Netherlands. :welcome:

Still love my GP-8 coupled with a valve amp. :thumb: Have you played with it's 'next potential replacement', the Boss GX-700?

Greetings back !!
The next thing was the GP16 followed by the Rocktron Pro G.A.P hahaha...and then the Marshall JMP1...and so on....GX700 did not get on my list though....did have a spare GT100 !

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Woww…. Instantly fell in love with that mokka color guitar…. Stunning! What is it?

If you mean the Strat : thats a 2010 Fender CS Masterbuilt by Todd Krause , amazing sounding Strat !!

The Gibson is a 1993 Reissue R0........bit of a "transitional" Gibson right before the Custom Shop department started....

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Also, I for one live close to the German border, and I can arrange an excellent facility near here. Perhaps our German members would like to tag on, too.... :cheers:
I live both on the German border part ( Enschede 75km from Munster) and my girlfriend lives on the West side of Holland...so can do many places !

PelliX

Reaction score
Greetings back !!
The next thing was the GP16

The GP-16 sucked in my opinion, first generation COSM chip and all. That's why I consider the GX-700 the next 'worthy' drop in. As it happens I use both, as the GP-8 really has the old analog pedals for the first 6 effect and the last two are digital. The GX-700 is all digital but, when treated right, it can do wonders. I've never owned a GT-100, but they seem up to scratch.

I live both on the German border part ( Enschede 75km from Munster) and my girlfriend lives on the West side of Holland...so can do many places !

I'm in Enschede, too. Well, along the outskirts. How about that, huh? :D

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
The GP-16 sucked in my opinion, first generation COSM chip and all. That's why I consider the GX-700 the next 'worthy' drop in. As it happens I use both, as the GP-8 really has the old analog pedals for the first 6 effect and the last two are digital. The GX-700 is all digital but, when treated right, it can do wonders. I've never owned a GT-100, but they seem up to scratch.

I'm in Enschede, too. Well, along the outskirts. How about that, huh? :D

hahahah , that is a huge coincidence hahaha...how about that..hahaha
Totally right : GP16 was not the best , GP8 was warm......in those days I have seen a guitar player from the UK gigging in the Netherlands often from the band "Be Sharp" , man that guy used the Roland GP100 also with the Guitarsynth.....Amazing player and singer and what great sounds he pulled out go that thing !!!