Post YOUR Marshall Silver Jubilee TONES !

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I feel you man, the old issue with great sounding on stage and not that great through FOH……
Here is a video I did on that issue and what I did to not have that issue anymore :)

For a multi band event with fast setups and PA equipment already there we do the best we can with what we have. Part of the quality difference is in the video camera recording and of course you tube.
I liked the way I sounded onstage, loved it, so my playing tends to be better as I am not futzing with controls.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Than your signal chain is not good my friend……if we add the right things to a GOOD sounding Amp+ Cab combination, we need very little more to keep it great sounding….the old “less is more”
Says the guy with "to a Suhr Reactive Load and then into my Fractal Audio FM3 for the Speaker Impulse and Post FX" in the first post.

I did like your original post and video. :)

I have really never heard a good sounding dry amp.
So more is good.

Last edited:

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Says the guy with "to a Suhr Reactive Load and then into my Fractal Audio FM3 for the Speaker Impulse and Post FX" in the first post.

So more is good.
Thanks man ....to me , what I am using now is already so much 'LESS" than I used to do ...whahahah......but funny how things can be much for one and little for the other...I understand of course.....I don't need to carry around a cab anymore so thats less for me...my current setup is just so simple for me and easy to carry.....thanks for liking my amp sound !!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Thanks man ....to me , what I am using now is already so much 'LESS" than I used to do ...whahahah......but funny how things can be much for one and little for the other...I understand of course.....I don't need to carry around a cab anymore so thats less for me...my current setup is just so simple for me and easy to carry.....thanks for liking my amp sound !!
I need a cab or combo behind me that shakes the floor. Add a prewired pedal board to the loop. Guitar is wireless.
Done.
Seems really simple compared to reactive loads and Fractals etc. For me.

nix_gibby

Reaction score

So more is good.

So more is good.
I only play dry amps and they sound the best that way to me.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
I need a cab or combo behind me that shakes the floor. Add a prewired pedal board to the loop. Guitar is wireless.
Done.
Seems really simple compared to reactive loads and Fractals etc. For me.
I know what you mean ...done that for many years....Not going back to that path anymore...luckily many tools for different needs.......
Can imagine that it seems complicated with reactive loads and Fractal....to me it is vey is simple and a very easy and fast way to gig and record without those hassle of micing a cab . FOH engineers fucking up my sound by placing wrong mics / mic placement and so and.....I have spent to much time and money on my gear for a long time to have it sound terrible to the audience :(

Last edited:

Jubilant

Reaction score
Love the Tones,I find it funny that a vast amount of people on the forum can’t get on with the jubilee.I bought mine in 2019 and never looked back.I use 2 main guitars an american strat and a gibson V.From the above clips you can see how good the strat sounds and believe me a good gibson in the lead channel and for get it!
I think the Jubilee stands among the best amps Marshall ever made the proof is in the pudding as they say.Well done Sir!!

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I know what you mean ...done that for many years....Not going back to that path anymore...luckily many tools for different needs.......
Can imagine that it seems complicated with reactive loads and Fractal....to me it is vey is simple and a very easy and fast way to gig and record without those hassle of micing a cab . FOH engineers fucking up my sound by placing wrong mics / mic placement and so and.....I have spent to much time and money on my gear for a long time to have it sound terrible to the audience :(
I do not have the ability to use in ears quite often. So your setup doesn't work very well for me using wedges.
I have no issue hauling a single cab or combo around.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Love the Tones,I find it funny that a vast amount of people on the forum can’t get on with the jubilee.I bought mine in 2019 and never looked back.I use 2 main guitars an american strat and a gibson V.From the above clips you can see how good the strat sounds and believe me a good gibson in the lead channel and for get it!
I think the Jubilee stands among the best amps Marshall ever made the proof is in the pudding as they say.Well done Sir!!
Thanks a lot man and I totally agree with you….. this amp is one of a kind !!

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Well good for you.
However, you will never match any studio recorded/mastered sound that you have ever listened to on any media.
That’s exactly my point and frustration for many many years….. BUT not everybody cares about that point, so no problem of course.
I have always liked the recorded studio tones better than a real Cab…. It is missing so much when standing some feet away and stuff….. amp in the room while FOH / audience is listening to a complete different sound….. I want to the audience to hear what I hear and that is not an amp in the room sound….hence the different path I walk with Reactive Load and Speaker IR ….as said before : I totally understand those who need the amp in the room sound….fine…..we all need different setups 😀🙏🏼

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
That’s exactly my point and frustration for many many years….. BUT not everybody cares about that point, so no problem of course.
I have always liked the recorded studio tones better than a real Cab…. It is missing so much when standing some feet away and stuff….. amp in the room while FOH / audience is listening to a complete different sound….. I want to the audience to hear what I hear and that is not an amp in the room sound….hence the different path I walk with Reactive Load and Speaker IR ….as said before : I totally understand those who need the amp in the room sound….fine…..we all need different setups 😀🙏🏼
Indeed. Part of the Jubilees sound are the Marshall branded Vintage 30 speakers in my combo IMO.

Jubilant

Reaction score
Jethro Rocker,
I have a 2-12 cab with well broken in celestion V30’s.I have not set it up through my jubilee yet been using greenbacks.
How much different will the Marshall V30’s
Sound? Are the celestion V 30’s close enough in your opinon.Just wondering what I should expect,thanks.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Jethro Rocker,
I have a 2-12 cab with well broken in celestion V30’s.I have not set it up through my jubilee yet been using greenbacks.
How much different will the Marshall V30’s
Sound? Are the celestion V 30’s close enough in your opinon.Just wondering what I should expect,thanks.
I dunno for sure. V30s are similar for sure. I think, if I recall, the V30s were designed off the Marshall Vintage speakers.
Try it.

headcrash

Reaction score
To me the Marshall G12 Vintage have more upper treble than the Celestion Vintage 30. They're not worlds apart, but it's clearly discernable. To me, with this, the top end sizzle of the lead channel or even rhythm clip mode in clean channel, is enhanced. I like it, but some won't.
Maybe due to this richer treble response, the famous upper mid spike of the Vintage 30 isn't there, or at least doesn't appear as prominent in the Marshall G12 Vintage. Other than that I don't recall that much of a difference.
As from what I read, the Vintage 30 was silghtly altered and taken into Celestion's catalogue, when Marshall didn't let them offer the G12 Vintage as a regular model.

I actually like the Vintage 30 and G12 Vintage better at lower levels (bedroom playing). One important thing for my playing is a tight and "un-saggy" feeling for riffing. Apart from your playing, the amp plays a large role in that. A Jubilee can do that for sure, as long as you keep the input gain low enought to not get muddy.
But speakers like den G12 Vintage or Vintage 30 certainly do not help keeping things tight in the low end with stage or band rehearsal volume, because they will compress and saturate.
I recently went with Celestion's Classic Lead 80, which from the EQ curve, is not so far away from the V30/G12V family, but stays tight and clear with higher volume (haven't tried them with my Jubilee though).
YMMY of course :)

Latest posts