Post YOUR Marshall Silver Jubilee TONES !

nix_gibby

Reaction score
Sounds great man, how loud are you running your Master and which Cabs ?

Normally play with Master on 7 and Lead and Input on 5 both.....for the video I just pushed it to 7 as manlike to hear this amp with higher gain too.
For me the Input Pull gives already plenty of gain , just like the character of the lead Channel better.
Thanks Anand!
I run my Master and Lead volumes both around 6 and Input gain at 5 (pushed in). I like to add a bit more presence for a band situation (~7) to add some bite, and usually set bass at 8, middle at 7 and treble at 5. It sounds fat and rich and cuts through the mix like a knife. The cab is 2536 with G12 Vintage speakers.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
Thanks Anand!
I run my Master and Lead volumes both around 6 and Input gain at 5 (pushed in). I like to add a bit more presence for a band situation (~7) to add some bite, and usually set bass at 8, middle at 7 and treble at 5. It sounds fat and rich and cuts through the mix like a knife. The cab is 2536 with G12 Vintage speakers.
Thanks man and I also play with the input pushed in. Sweet amp and can’t go wrong with these settings too. Enjoy !

zap city

Reaction score
Great HUGE FAT tones man !! Nice RAW ;) How did you record the sounds ...camera mic , room mic or close mic ? Thanks for posting !
Thank you very much. It's just the mic in my phone. I'm using a HOF, TC delay and a boss gate which gives it a nice bump of compression. I also have a new 2525H i will shoot some comparison videos soon. It's beautiful, just doesn't quite have the warmth of the old 2558.

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
I have nothing with that sort of detail sadly. Original 2558 live. Has more cut than what I am used to to cut through mix. Had her up to around 5.5 on MV. Gain full up lead channel. Much of what you hear is FOH. I am stage Left. Sounded way better and thicker on stage.

Shook the stage.

I feel you man, the old issue with great sounding on stage and not that great through FOH……
Here is a video I did on that issue and what I did to not have that issue anymore :)

Anand Mahangoe

Reaction score
I really like my Silver Jubilee amplifier but once you add all the effects and processing then your sound, any sound, is only 10 maybe 20% guitar amplifier tone.
But that depends on the sound you are after.
Than your signal chain is not good my friend……if we add the right things to a GOOD sounding Amp+ Cab combination, we need very little more to keep it great sounding….the old “less is more”