Growling From My Bedroom Closet?

• Thread starter 67Mopar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

67Mopar

Reaction score
I mentioned this some months back, and I'm still sort-of weirded-out by it. My GF and I (and our cat) were talking in the bedroom, when the deepest growl I've ever heard came from the direction of closet. Freaked the cat out something fierce! lol I began pulling things out of the closet, but then realized that whatever made that sound would have to be something huge. The only logical explanation I can come up with, is that something was outside the house, which is what made it sound like it was coming from the closet? It didn't sound muffles to us, so WTF could it have been? Whatever it was growled twice, for about 3 seconds each time.

67Mopar

Reaction score
Is your house on a slab or elevated a bit?

I had a few possums and raccoons under a house one time that made all kinds of racket....Scratching n somewhat of a mild lil growl...But nothing like you are explaining...
Slab. No evidence of digging. We had an animal removal service come to the house to do a full inspection... Nothing.

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Slab. No evidence of digging. We had an animal removal service come to the house to do a full inspection... Nothing.

Based on all available data:
220px-Hipop%C3%B3tamo_%28Hippopotamus_amphibius%29%2C_parque_nacional_de_Chobe%2C_Botsuana%2C_2018-07-28%2C_DD_82.jpg
Bingo.

67Mopar

Reaction score
I would think our home would have a negative vibe if it were something like that, but it doesn't. It didn't scare me, but I was baffled as to what it was. The only animal I've ever heard that can make such a low growl, is a gator.

67Mopar

Reaction score
Maybe look up top....Possible a critter could have gotten into the roof area space and maybe worked its way down into the wall of the closet.....

Just a thought..

Gheeze if a critter removal checked, I am as stumped as you are....
The critter removal guy inspected the attic, but found no evidence. My GF said she could here scratching above her head during the day, but again, there was no evidence that anything had been in the attic. Not even an entry/exit point. I've been around raccoons many times, and I've never heard one make this type of sound. If I had to describe it, I'd say it sounded like a lion, or an alligator. Very strong, very deep.

anitoli

Reaction score
I would think our home would have a negative vibe if it were something like that, but it doesn't. It didn't scare me, but I was baffled as to what it was. The only animal I've ever heard that can make such a low growl, is a gator.
Oh yeah it would. I am a sensitive, therefor i see em everywhere and they seem to look for me as well.

67Mopar

Reaction score
Oh yeah it would. I am a sensitive, therefor i see em everywhere and they seem to look for me as well.
But, why would something choose to make the sound of an animal?

Trident

Reaction score
Thats just a trip....
I am thinking what would growl like a gator, I know gators are prone to a fence, but how in the hell could one get in the wall? I sure would like to know what it might be..

67Mopar

Reaction score
They can make all kinds of noises. I have heard screams, growls, moans, grunts, scratching, banging, you name it. You haven't been playing with a Ouija board have you?
No. I'm familiar with the board. I was actually quite good with tarot cards, but that was 30 years ago. My mom and grandmother used them when I was a kid. I reached a point where I burned everything, and left it behind.

67Mopar

Reaction score
Thats just a trip....
I am thinking what would growl like a gator, I know gators are prone to a fence, but how in the hell could one get in the wall? I sure would like to know what it might be..
It really freaked-out our cat. She whipped her head the direction on the sound, then bolted!!! It was crazy.

Michael Roe

Reaction score
Probably some new top secret weapon the government is testing.
A few years ago I was outside talking to a neighbor and we heard this sound that sounded like a jet fighter passing by really close. Neither of us seen anything. Weird??