Growling From My Bedroom Closet?

• Thread starter 67Mopar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

67Mopar

Reaction score
Probably some new top secret weapon the government is testing.
A few years ago I was outside talking to a neighbor and we heard this sound that sounded like a jet fighter passing by really close. Neither of us seen anything. Weird??
At least it's logical. Yeah, that's really weird.

Adieu

Reaction score
If I had to describe it, I'd say it sounded like a lion, or an alligator. Very strong, very deep.

Lions don't sound like that

The iconic MGM logo roar was actually dubbed...by a tiger. Because lions apparently don't sound anywhere near magestic or impressive enough.

Fairly certain whatever we think gators sound like is engineered SFX bullsh!t, too.

Hollywood lol, everything is fake

Last edited:

6StringStewie

Reaction score
Mopar, where do you live? Where is the closet located? Is it along an exterior wall? Was it windy? Is the closet located next to a window? Have you heard the noise since?

It might be possible that what you heard was glass vibrating. I have witnessed this at home and at work, and sounds like a low gator growl.

JimiRules

Reaction score
Do you have a video camera, or some sort of recording device? If so set it up and record while everyone is out of the house and see what it picks up.

Reaction score
Years ago I would hear scratching in the house, critters walking on the roof. House was in Boston, next to a small forest. At some point the scratching became digging, and the thing dug a hole in the bedroom wall, right above the bed!

Called an exterminator, who said a small animal got entrapped and dug the hole.. to put the camera :) Things happen..

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
The critter removal guy inspected the attic, but found no evidence. My GF said she could here scratching above her head during the day, but again, there was no evidence that anything had been in the attic. Not even an entry/exit point. I've been around raccoons many times, and I've never heard one make this type of sound. If I had to describe it, I'd say it sounded like a lion, or an alligator. Very strong, very deep.

"...she could here scratching above her head during the day..."

That would be rodents, or birds.
Raccoons make little squeaking sounds (they are soooo cute).