Have you found your dream tone yet?

• Thread starter carnada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

luekemeyer

Reaction score
AND Adrian's guitar RIG!

ironmaiden_adrian_2000.gif

The JCM 800s you guys saw in the movie are there for backup. They almost never get used. Trust me, I am an Iron Maiden geek.

One thing the guitargeek has incorrect for Adrian is his guitar. It says a Stat.. Adrian usually plays gibson style or other less blusey type guitars (Jackson, Les Paul, Explorer).

carnada

Reaction score
One thing the guitargeek has incorrect for Adrian is his guitar. It says a Stat.. Adrian usually plays gibson style or other less blusey type guitars (Jackson, Les Paul, Explorer).

mmmmm Adrian played the strat. He used lots for the brave new world tour, Give Me Ed... 'til I'm Dead Tour & Dance Of Death World Tour, Eddie Rips Up The World Tour, and A Matter of Life and Death and A Matter of the Beast world tours. The only tours he has been using his Signature Jackson Strat, has been the Somewhere Back in Time world tour (2008/2009). And he also used other MIDI guitars in 1986 and 1988. After that when he formed his band called A.S.A.P he was using his "Gold" Les Paul, and a couple of explorers until the reunion tour in 1998 where he used for a couple of gigs a Jackson Flying V.

And the reason why it says he connects it to a strat, is because they made that rig diagram in 2004 when maiden was in the dance of death tour.

EDIT! actually this is from 2000 from the brave new world tour, because Adrian was using the ADA-MP1 back then, and then he switched to the JMP-1 an album after

spooky joe

Reaction score
I've found one of my dream tones.
An SSL5 equipped Strat thru a TS9 into a fully cranked JTM45.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2nmvGxQO8g]YouTube - mobile[/ame]

spooky joe

Reaction score
Oh yeah. FWIW. Channels patched. Everything on 10 except presence and bass. TS9 gain at 9-10 o'clock. Level - max
Cheers

nofearfactor

Reaction score
I use those same power amps and will tell you that they are monster power amps. For that older metal tone though its best to use a JMP-1 with the 9200.

I play more modern metal so I alternate between a Fractal AX-FX Ultra and a Digitech GSP1101 for my preamps/effects processors. My rythym guitarists have a hard time trying to be heard with their head/cab half stack rigs.

650.jpg

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score

ironlung40

Reaction score
dream tone?

I guess that is what is holding me back from writing. I just can't decide on one. I've got about 8 different amps, and I like them all. I wish I could settle on a specific tone and stay there....I envy these bands that have a specific tone that they stay true too. I wonder how they got there? Maybe, they'd sound the same on anything though. Maybe I just suck!!

Anyway, I'm really loving my JCM 800 2203 with a microamp boost, and my JCM 800 2210 also, but I also love the spongier attack of my orange OR50. I guess my tone would be be Nirvana/metallica/and Lucifer's Friend in a 3-way orgy.

MajorNut1967

Reaction score
My Dream tone: two 1968 Marshall Majors with the preamp tubes cascaded, a Hornby Skews treble booster and an early '70's stock Stratocaster. then get out of the way!:confused::confused::confused:

JkGriffin

Reaction score
Yes... found my dreamtone... and a good recipe on how to achieve it...
Easy... Just have to get permission from my wife to buy... not so easy:p
Impossible really... The pedals shouldn't be much of a problem (except his custom made)... but the amps and cabinets...
Not before I start making real money on the music I think :rolleyes:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yHFbT63ug]YouTube - Joe Bonamassa Amps pedals and Equipment[/ame]

80's Rocker

Reaction score
I have not found my perfect dream tone yet, but I need a new guitar and a couple more pedals then I will be able to!

watchtheskies

Reaction score
I think to achieve the perfect tone we need to pay as much attention to our fingers as we do to the gear, but I have to admit with all of the cool toys out there for us to try it's so damn tempting to want to try it all

I made a conscious choice recently to simplify my setup, so I now have:

2 Gibsons (Les Paul, Explorer)
Marshall JVM410H into Orange 2x12
Alesis Quadraverb
Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller

that's it, no fx pedals etc, I get all of the tones I need from the Marshall and the Alesis midi effects,
I really love the JVM amps they seem to suit Gibsons with passive pickups really well,
takes a while to dial in the tones just right, but I love it

Jesstaa

Reaction score
I have to say, if you're having a hard time finding your dream tone, try N.O.S tubes, I only have 1 in my amp now, but it already sounds much better, crunchier and less solid state gain (JCM 900 4100)