Heads up! $1,500 1959X in Oregon

• Thread starter Maggot Brain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Not my ad but this looks to be a killer steal deal for someone!

Normal channel is not functioning but I imagine it's a fairly easy/affordable fix considering the price! Figured I'd give a heads up incase any fellow MFers in Oregon can snag this deal! If I'd had the cash I'd already be driving down there.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/d/coos-bay-marshall-super-lead/7469650211.html
That is a deal considering todays prices and I could be there in a hour.
I’m pretty sure I could fix it to.
I have a vacation that is coming up so it’s not in the budget.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Re-issue , I am not certain but they have not used turret boards in a while as far as I know.
It could be very simple.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
Not my ad but this looks to be a killer steal deal for someone!

Normal channel is not functioning but I imagine it's a fairly easy/affordable fix considering the price! Figured I'd give a heads up incase any fellow MFers in Oregon can snag this deal! If I'd had the cash I'd already be driving down there.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/d/coos-bay-marshall-super-lead/7469650211.html
A channel doesn't simply go out because of a pot, but these are simple amps and any pro amp guy could havi t going in two minutes. If I wasn't 14 hours down the coast I'd go buy it right now.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score
Re-issue , I am not certain but they have not used turret boards in a while as far as I know.
It could be very simple.
I can't account for them all but the reissues I've seen were all late '70s style; big printed circuit board out in the middle, tubes, iron and control panel hand wired.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
A channel doesn't simply go out because of a pot, but these are simple amps and any pro amp guy could havi t going in two minutes. If I wasn't 14 hours down the coast I'd go buy it right now.
The normal channel is less complicated but any loss of ground would do it.
Input jacks could be bad or broken wire/ solder.
The signal goes from the input jacks to the grid of the 1A the first triode, from the anode to volume pot , from there to 470k mixer and then it joins 1B before it goes to V2A.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Most likely have an ECC83 died.
They are the same pcb as the 1987 and 2245 reissues.
If it were the jack likely one or other of the channel inputs would work
Whatever ti is - very easy fix.
Right? The channels only use 1 triode in the V1 ECC83 right? So I that's been my biggest hunch... K.I.S.S.

I'm squirming to snag it but I legit would have very little use for it. I owned a 1959 clone many years ago and it was just brutal & insanely loud in my usual living and jamming environment..

Rocktane

Reaction score
Has anyone asked for more info? Gut shots? Decent pic of the back panel?

Browneyesound

Reaction score
Is this really a good deal?

Keep in mind, my mindset is that of someone who bought a 1959 reissue in 1994.

Central Scrutinizer

Misanthropic Humanitarian
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^
This.

I was on the Thomman site and saw their crazy low price on a SV20H.
Was ready to buy, thinking, even with shipping it was cheap, then find out, they don’t ship Marshalls to the States. Sad trombone .