Hey there. New here. Obligatory introduction, lol.

• Thread starter xXxGhotimanxXx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
Sorry, I've already posted a few times. This probably should have been first. Anyway, the names Joe. Been playing guitar off/on for about 30 years. Currently own a LP Custom Silverburst, Diezel VH4/Mesa, and my trusty 14 year old Marshall MG100 (hesitate to mention that...know what a hornets nest the SS/tube debates can become). Anyway, big Tool fan...been spending lots of time playing Tool songs for the last couple of years. Lots of fun and I've learned a lot and "met" lots of cool people on the various guitar/gear forums, Youtube, etc.

Got to say that the anti-spam protection is pretty hard core over here and very discouraging. It was days before I could post after I registered. I've tried to post some cover videos, but they are still in the Q awaiting approval. Some of my posts have yet to show up. I'm a member of a few forums and this is my first experience with such debilitating procedure. Wonder how many potential new members just move on out of frustration? Hoping this passes soon and all the flags/checks are removed from me. You listening mods? I'm just a regular Joe, OK, lol.

Anyway, hello guys/gals.
J

Alt Freak

Reaction score
A major Tool fan. I like you already :thumb: Welcome!

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks a lot....looking forward to contributing, discussing, and talking about Tool, lol :).

J

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
Yeah we were bombarded by spam awhile back. They had to take drastic measures to keep the A-holes out. Personally, I'm glad they did what they did. I'm sure that before long, you will be able to post to your hearts desire.

Welcome to the forum.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Don't get discouraged. I didn't have that much an issue siging on but, it's been a year or so now.

We're on the German amp team i see:D I've got a triamp and a Dragon.

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
Makes sense about the spam...nothing worse than a board full of it. Still frustrating...just the world we live in. Few bad apples spoiling it for the rest of us. Thanks for the warm welcome guys :).

J

tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Joe xXx,

Not sure what's going on with the strictness, hope it's not causing you a big hold-up.
But however the mods are doing it - I think it's a good job. I never see any nonsense here, all good people.

Also.. If you like your MG - then that's how it is.
Most of us here love our tubes, me included: but I do have a long history of gigs where I used a solid state Marshall.
In the end I sold that SS combo to a guy who wanted it because it sounded so good to him.

And it was good. And light. I remember. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it...

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
Hey guys, again, thanks for the warm welcome. You guys are awesome. Looks like I'm off the hook now...can post, post videos, etc. I passed! Anyway, I do most(all) of my playing in the bedroom at bedroom levels, so my SS Marshall works really well and gets some great tones at that level. Don't get me wrong, tubes are where it's at, I agree...however, most tube amps at low volumes don't provide much distortion...hence the big market for distortion pedals, lol. I know, I know, some provide some great preamp distortion at low/bedroom levels too. I'd love to have an older 100w JCM800; I think I'd run an attenuator though as I know them SOB's are loud, loud. I think that's the one thing missing from the sound I'm trying to get...the old plexi tube Marshall tone. Ok, I'm rambling, lol.

J

impetus maximus

Reaction score
WELCOME!

i came real close to giving up on these forums because of the anti-spam methods.
if the "other forum" wasn't so dead i probably would have given up.

it's a great place with friendly/knowledgeable people.

again welcome. :wave:

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ya, seems like a great place. I'm a member of a few gear forums and I have to say, this is one of the better ones. Thanks again for all the warm welcomes. Looking forward to taking part, best I can.

J

xXxGhotimanxXx

Reaction score
Thanks again guys for the warm welcome. As mentioned above, my hobby is doing Tool covers. Finished Sober last night...have a look/listen if you're a Tool fan :).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAKplLI0Xc]Tool "Sober" Guitar Cover (take 2). - YouTube[/ame]

J