How do you afford your gear guys??

• Thread starter ItsChrispyTv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave666

Reaction score
When I was 15, I had a acoustic with such a high action, I could break my fingers on it.
Then I cleaned horse crap for 6 months to buy me a Laney amp which I couldn't even dime without blowing fuses and I was the happiest ever...
Now I have a real job and all I do is thinking what I should buy next ...

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
When I was 14 I started playing the bars and saved money for gear. Recently sold a lot and kept only what I can and will use. Slow down, enjoy the ride and follow our advice. Some of these guys "collect". Some can really play and some wish they could. So practice as if it matters, collect only what you need by priority and stick to your plan once you make one.

I meant no disrespect to anyone with the comment about some people collect and only wish they could play but I know of many people that fall into this cat. Just trying to help the young man out with getting his head right with allo of the G.A.S. that is going to take hold someday.

And remeber, you will have keepers that you should never part with then there will be other crap. Don't ever part with the keepers because they don't come back.

Best to you.

David :cheers:

SHREDINATOR

Reaction score
The next sercret that no one has mentioned is Craigs List! Let someone else take the loss on the equipment! You can find a DSL in mint condiction with new tubes for about 500 to 700 bucks in any town! I've even seen some vintage moderns for around 1000 etc and some of the newer JVMS for 1200 to 1500? Crazy deals on cabs as well, just save around 500 bucks can get 1960's or vintage etc. Know whats good and what to look for and the deals are everywhere. But remember with a job and no bills 500 bucks will come quick At your age I suggest waiting tables cash in hand each night!

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
:) NR. Remeber? You been not drinking enough again?

:lol::lol: TWIN

:lol:

LOL, I found the key for that is to keep the booze to a minimum and not even sign on if I tip the bottle. You guys are all too cool and I can really become an ass. Well time for some Early Times, JK.

David

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
NO. If inflation is up than it takes more money to buy. If you were 75cents and inflation goes up your value goes down.

I really am sorry Twin 48.5cents. But hey, your lawn is thawing out nicely.

Arrrgh.

I'm thinking about starting a new career off the coast of Somalia. Of course we will have to relocate 'cause it's too far of a commute from Detroit.

:):) CAPT'N TWIN SPARROW

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
When I was 14 I started playing the bars and saved money for gear. Recently sold a lot and kept only what I can and will use. Slow down, enjoy the ride and follow our advice. Some of these guys "collect". Some can really play and some wish they could. So practice as if it matters, collect only what you need by priority and stick to your plan once you make one.

I meant no disrespect to anyone with the comment about some people collect and only wish they could play but I know of many people that fall into this cat. Just trying to help the young man out with getting his head right with allo of the G.A.S. that is going to take hold someday.

And remeber, you will have keepers that you should never part with then there will be other crap. Don't ever part with the keepers because they don't come back.

Best to you.

What David is saying is find your niche to save cash. David does it by saving on hair products. :lol::lol:

:wave: David. I had to say it. :hippie:

racefan56

Reaction score
I'm 17 and I don't technically have a job. All I do is mow lawns and work on peoples computers for some money, I also go to college and there's some money in that the way I do it. Doing that and buying almost nothing else I can afford stuff after awhile. Though its not like I have an insane amount of gear, I have a DSL 100 half stack (w/ 1960a cab), Peavey 300 watt bass combo, Two guitars (one really cheap beginner guitar and my great uncles '77 Fender Bronco), & two basses (cheap Behringer bass & MIM Fender P-bass). If you save money for a little while it can be amazing how much you can build up.

Frankie

Reaction score
Oh yeah, since you're 15 make sure you stay off the shit. Dope gets expensive quick and it ain't worth it. A Marshall lasts a lot longer than an 8 ball and a quarter ounce of weed.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, since you're 15 make sure you stay off the shit. Dope gets expensive quick and it ain't worth it. A Marshall lasts a lot longer than an 8 ball and a quarter ounce of weed.

Especially when you are trading it for tail!!!!

Marshall Mann

Reaction score
First off Crispy, your 15 and I'm 41. Dont look at the finish line and wonder why you are not there yet. I bought my LP Custom when I was 12 years old with my own money. It's been one thing at a time since then. I have worked hard all my life to be where I am today. I have skipped the easy road and done everything I can to better myself along the way. And at some points I have lost everything and had to start over. Like I said in the other post, if it's what you want, go get it.

Marshall Mann

Reaction score
Some of these guys "collect". Some can really play and some wish they could. So practice as if it matters, collect only what you need by priority and stick to your plan once you make one.

Yep, I just keep my Marshalls around to hang lights on them and stuff.....

Plus, chicks dig it.

jaek

Reaction score
First off Crispy, your 15 and I'm 41. Dont look at the finish line and wonder why you are not there yet. I bought my LP Custom when I was 12 years old with my own money. It's been one thing at a time since then. I have worked hard all my life to be where I am today. I have skipped the easy road and done everything I can to better myself along the way. And at some points I have lost everything and had to start over. Like I said in the other post, if it's what you want, go get it.

Lucky ass.....I can only wish upon a LPC -.-

Granted in the 80's you could barley GIVE a les paul away...