How do you find out if the iron and caps are original?

• Thread starter vice2.0
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Aside from the Metro loop, it looks like a stock circuit at this point in time. I may be missing a detail or two but that's what it looks like.

That back panel tells me that I need to do the artwork to produce THAT version of it. Would you be so kind as to post a clear photo of the portion of the back panel that shows the speaker jack labelling as clearly as possible? I make replica front and rear panels for JMP era Marshalls and that's a type I want to add to my product list.

vice2.0

Reaction score
Aside from the Metro loop, it looks like a stock circuit at this point in time. I may be missing a detail or two but that's what it looks like.

That back panel tells me that I need to do the artwork to produce THAT version of it. Would you be so kind as to post a clear photo of the portion of the back panel that shows the speaker jack labelling as clearly as possible? I make replica front and rear panels for JMP era Marshalls and that's a type I want to add to my product list.
Sure thing give me a few moments

vice2.0

Reaction score
If you need a wider shot let me know

Attachments

• IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    953.6 KB · Views: 5

vice2.0

Reaction score

There are only 2 amps I will never sell!
1. My 2204 DIY replica which turns out sounds almost the same as the originals(did a shootout)
2. 1975 Superlead MKII

Nothing sounds like a 70's Marshal with original parts. nothing!
Many have tried but failed.
I heard so many amps in my lifetime.
It's always the Vintage Marshalls that blew all the rest out of the water.

I didn't understand if you have this amp or planning to buy it.
If you planning to buy it just do it! it looks like a great amp.
I agree with you on the 800/2204 thing 100%. A clone can get pretty close or even better depending on what you want.

Never heard a vintage replica sound better than the original (depending on what you’re going for)

The attack, the bite and you can do the warmth too when paired with a good speaker.

I can hear more width sometime but it comes at the cost of everything you want in a real Marshall.

Last edited:

Latest posts