How i got my 900 into Death Metal territory

• Thread starter Marshall4Metal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall4Metal

Reaction score
So no one home was able to crank my 900. First my amp is the 900 DR 100 watt on the gain channel B. Settings Volume6 Gain dimed presence noon,Bass7,Mid4,treble5. Cabinets a 212 Celestion 70/80's and a 412 Peavey XXX Sheffield. So it's a 3/4 stack i'll explain . With a 3/4 stack your 212 gets hit harder so the speakers get overdriven easier and it makes a difference in tone trust me but a full stack will work fine. Onto my signal chain it's very simple Boss RV-6 into a SD-1 then into my Rocktron Guitar Silencer . That's it. Now I'm going to keep saying it the Rocktron Guitar Silencer is the best pedal Gate in production . It is a stripped down version of there rack unit. It has 2 controls the Gate and the Noise reduction circuit. The gate is Self explanitory the Noise reduction now that's what seperates it from the rest of the NS our there. It eliminates speaker ring string noise moving up and down the neck and other unwanted artifacts. So i can run my amp with the overdrive on and amp at 7 and have absolute silence when i stop playing . Most gates just can't do that . SD-1 settings volume5 tone6 gain6 it's on all the time.

I don't have clips i wish i did but it sounds just like this starting at the at the 3.48 mark listen 2 the power chords my 900 sound just like that.

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I think you've got the wrong speakers for what you are seeking, to start. I'm thinking you want Vintage 30s in at least one cabinet. I'd be in a mad rush to ditch the 70/80s.

Sustainium

Reaction score
So no one home was able to crank my 900. First my amp is the 900 DR 100 watt on the gain channel B. Settings Volume6 Gain dimed presence noon,Bass7,Mid4,treble5. Cabinets a 212 Celestion 70/80's and a 412 Peavey XXX Sheffield. So it's a 3/4 stack i'll explain . With a 3/4 stack your 212 gets hit harder so the speakers get overdriven easier and it makes a difference in tone trust me but a full stack will work fine. Onto my signal chain it's very simple Boss RV-6 into a SD-1 then into my Rocktron Guitar Silencer . That's it. Now I'm going to keep saying it the Rocktron Guitar Silencer is the best pedal Gate in production . It is a stripped down version of there rack unit. It has 2 controls the Gate and the Noise reduction circuit. The gate is Self explanitory the Noise reduction now that's what seperates it from the rest of the NS our there. It eliminates speaker ring string noise moving up and down the neck and other unwanted artifacts. So i can run my amp with the overdrive on and amp at 7 and have absolute silence when i stop playing . Most gates just can't do that . SD-1 settings volume5 tone6 gain6 it's on all the time.

I don't have clips i wish i did but it sounds just like this starting at the at the 3.48 mark listen 2 the power chords my 900 sound just like that.

:slash: Dude shows up at 1:17 and absolutely kills it on lead! :monkey:

Iron1

Reaction score
Back when I was using a JCM900 and in a death metal band in the 90s I did just what Solid State says above.

Ibanez RG w/Dimarzio Super Distortion > BOSS SD-1 (level maxed) > JCM900 (gain dialed back/master above 7) > 2 Carvin 412 B cabs = death metal