How rare were purple tolex JMP 2203’s? ( morin Marshall content)

• Thread starter VESmedic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gldtp99

Reaction score
I don't need to see pics of the OP's purple JMP 2203

I have my own '78 JMP 2203 in factory purple tolex

I had to replace the blown original PT with a Metro/Heyboer PT

I added a PPIMV in one of the four speaker output jack positions on the back panel

I installed new Filter and Bias caps when I first got it

Lately it sits and isn't played very often as most of my playing is in my apartment living room

I've been playing a modded 2204 based head I built with two extra tube gain stages, Metro FX Loop, oversized/over spec iron, and 6550 x 2

It's vaguely based on some Hi Gain builds I've done for local Grindcore players but voiced somewhat more along Hard Rock lines (because I built it for myself)

Maybe I'll crank up the purple JMP 2203 soon just to make sure it's still working 100%

VESmedic

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I haven’t seen many that are purple, so I thought I’d ask :)

Valvelust

Reaction score
the VERY last thing I want to do, is return this amp to stock :) this a Mike Morin Modded Marshall, and an amp he only did 10 like from what I have been told. Mikes mods are all over records from velvet revolver, papa roach, warrant, Megadeth, slash’s live amps, papa roach, linkin park, XYZ ( hungry album), strapping young lad: the list goes and on. Absolutely the best high gain Marshall I’ve ever heard, and probably my favorite amp I own, and I own ALOT of them. Becoming my favorite Amp over my SLO and a few others!
Yup....just leave it! No way to really correct the holes in the chassis either other than to cover it with a panel.

and yes, there aren't that many!