how to find info on someone that may be deceased

• Thread starter GibsonMarshallGuy47
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I´m too anxious for that kind of waiting time. what about going to his home? you probably have his address, go there and check. if you see anything suspicious call the police to assist you.
if his residence was just a few miles away, I might do that, but his house is 40 miles from here. the whole purpose of calling the local police to do a welfare checkup was specifically because where he works is nowhere near where he lives.

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
what I can't understand is that when the police went to his residence to conduct a welfare check-up, they essentially just knocked at his door, peered through his windows, and when no one answered, they left. that's it. what if he was deceased, in a room inside the house where he couldn't be seen? they didn't even mention whether or not his car was there. I just have a feeling that we will never see him again, and will never find out when or how he passed, no word of the funeral, etc...
it's unfortunate, but, there's nothing you can do, unless you do go the extra mile & go there yourself, eventually. Other than that, it's beyond your control.

Just hope & pray for the guy.

Hopefully you'll see him again...

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
if his residence was just a few miles away, I might do that, but his house is 40 miles from here. the whole purpose of calling the local police to do a welfare checkup was specifically because where he works is nowhere near where he lives.
Submit a missing persons report with his local PD, that will force action.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
yeah,that was supposed to work, but it didn´t . I´d go there and check it by myself.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
UPDATE:
so, as it turns out... the guy that we assumed was deceased for the past week now FINALLY out of the blue, called our general manager yesterday. yes, the guy is actually ALIVE after all. apparently, he has had a "really bad cold" for a while now, which I'm assuming is COVID. I have no doubt that he is telling us its just a cold for reasons that I'm not able to go into detail about here...what we can't figure out though, is why he has been ignoring us for the past 2 weeks - not answering our texts and calls, not bothering to call out sick, and basically being a no-show for all that time. that is still a mystery. what is also equally as confusing is why the local police department that conducted the welfare checkup did not mention to us that they actually broke into his home and found him there. they informed us that they essentially just knocked on his front & back doors, peered into the windows, concluded he was not home, and just left. there's some missing info with this scenario that we have yet to figure out, but I hope we will soon.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
UPDATE:
so, as it turns out... the guy that we assumed was deceased for the past week now FINALLY out of the blue, called our general manager yesterday. yes, the guy is actually ALIVE after all. apparently, he has had a "really bad cold" for a while now, which I'm assuming is COVID. I have no doubt that he is telling us its just a cold for reasons that I'm not able to go into detail about here...what we can't figure out though, is why he has been ignoring us for the past 2 weeks - not answering our texts and calls, not bothering to call out sick, and basically being a no-show for all that time. that is still a mystery. what is also equally as confusing is why the local police department that conducted the welfare checkup did not mention to us that they actually broke into his home and found him there. they informed us that they essentially just knocked on his front & back doors, peered into the windows, concluded he was not home, and just left. there's some missing info with this scenario that we have yet to figure out, but I hope we will soon.
Just fire his @$$ and move on...

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Just fire his @$$ and move on...
nah, that's not necessary. he's been a part-time employee of ours for about 20 years now. up until now, he's been a very diligent, hard working employee that is always on time. he's a very nice man, so there's no need to fire him. he's in his late 70's, and he has cancer. firing him is not going to do either of us any good.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
something wrong is not right in his story... but, anyways, good news. the guy is alive and well.
yeah, there are definitely holes in the whole situation that don't make sense... like, if all he had was a really bad cold, why didn't he at least call us to let us know he won't be able to come in to work? unless he was dead, in a coma, or physically incapacitated in the hospital in some way, there's no reason not to call out sick, especially from someone who rarely ever calls out, and especially when a few weeks ago, he WAS kind enough to call out sick, just like a person is supposed to... not to mention he was not answering any calls or texts from anyone, for a full week and a half (and his voice mail was full) - not just from us, but from 2 other guys that work here that he's close personal friends with.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
nah, that's not necessary. he's been a part-time employee of ours for about 20 years now. up until now, he's been a very diligent, hard working employee that is always on time. he's a very nice man, so there's no need to fire him. he's in his late 70's, and he has cancer. firing him is not going to do either of us any good.
Too late I already put out the memo for Vin to fire his @$$...

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
so, as I mentioned, about a week ago the guy that was M.I.A. finally called our general manager to say that he'll be in the next day to do his work. he said he was feeling a little better (he was sick with a "really bad cold"). the next day came and went and he was a no-show. then a few days later, he called my cell, but I missed his call... no voice mail message... I texted him about a half hour later asking how he was feeling, and to let me know what he needed... no response... so, who the hell knows what is going on with this guy.

so, the verdict is - we are pretty much planning on never seeing the guy again. we won't know if he's alive, dead, or in a coma. that will mean a extra day of work for me every 2 weeks...

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
maybe the cancer is back & he doesn't want to burden anyone w/ that - even though it does cause a burden in spite of him not saying anything about it...

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
maybe the cancer is back & he doesn't want to burden anyone w/ that - even though it does cause a burden in spite of him not saying anything about it...
yeah, in all seriousness, we're afraid that his cancer has returned and has gone to his brain... its just not like him to just completely abandon his work schedule and not bother to contact us, except for calling us randomly weeks later to say that he wasn't feeling well due to a really bad cold.

Sustainium

Reaction score
Lots of elderly people do not make the most rational decisions and don’t even know it.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
UPDATE:
I just talked to the guy a few minutes ago... he sounds a little out of it... its hard to explain...he just doesn't sound like himself. but apparently he is coming in to work tomorrow. he claims to be feeling well. but then again last week he asked to come in to work on Wednesday, and never showed up. so, I guess we'll see what happens...

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
so today (Tuesday Feb.21), our guy shows up extra early this morning (when no one is here), does about a third of his normal work routine, does not even venture into our main office area (where he does the main portion of his work), he then goes to his car, sits there for 20 minutes, then drives home.
:scratch:

we've determined that something is definitely not right with him. this is not just normal elderly person absent-mindedness... we're assuming his cancer has returned, and has now gone to his brain. its sad, but we're assuming we probably won't be seeing him anytime soon, if at all.

10kDA

Reaction score
Maybe a dosage change on his regular meds? Depending on the meds, sometimes that can make people act quite a bit different than usual.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Maybe a dosage change on his regular meds? Depending on the meds, sometimes that can make people act quite a bit different than usual.
who knows... maybe... I guess its possible... but its hard to tell because he rarely calls or texts us, and he rarely answers our calls or texts. he says he's going to come in to work, then he either never shows up, or he shows up, does a tiny bit of work, then goes home... he has almost no close family members that would ever call us if something happened to him, so its not like someone would ever notify if he was in the hospital or dead.

Last edited:

Latest posts