My cat died

• Thread starter FleshOnGear
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Giblespaul2001

Reaction score
I love my cats. I am sure you gave him the best life and I am sure he appreciated it all. In time you will be able to laugh and enjoy all the memories. Hang in there. Maybe rescue another?
Two of mine were small cats picked up in winter while I was picking up a late night order at yep Huddle House. The other was a kitten in the middle of the road.

Attachments

• 3DFD4E9E-A27B-4DAB-8CE2-B90231430ED3.jpeg
    3DFD4E9E-A27B-4DAB-8CE2-B90231430ED3.jpeg
    904.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 98FFAC2C-3C13-40FE-8D30-0B8A9E3EC96F.jpeg
    98FFAC2C-3C13-40FE-8D30-0B8A9E3EC96F.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 6D45AA3C-5ED7-4FB7-A7F8-196370C2A7BD.jpeg
    6D45AA3C-5ED7-4FB7-A7F8-196370C2A7BD.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

playloud

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that. He looks a lot like one of my childhood cats (who I still miss and think about often :( )

RIP

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for you and your family... fur babies are family, and their passing is a legit, painful loss... we have 3 cats - one is 4 years old, another is 6, and another is 8. we try our best to not take each day for granted, because we know that we only have a limited amount of time with them... we cherish each and every moment that we are able to give and receive love from them. my sincere condolences to you. thank you so much for giving your kitty a good life. it means a lot to me.

PelliX

Reaction score
Pets hit harder than people for me. You can say goodbye to a person, level with them and there can be a mutual acceptation of the situation (less so if they get hit by a bus, but terminal diseases, old age and so on). You can't explain that kind of thing to a pet.

Sorry about your loss.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your cat crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I've lost a couple in the last 3 years, one to poisoning, the other to a freak accident. It doesn't make it any easier when you have to say goodbye. I hope you adopt another cat when you're ready. I'm sure your pooch is missing your black cat terribly.

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your cat crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I've lost a couple in the last 3 years, one to poisoning, the other to a freak accident. It doesn't make it any easier when you have to say goodbye. I hope you adopt another cat when you're ready. I'm sure your pooch is missing your black cat terribly.
Sorry to hear that. I feel like it would’ve been worse if he had gone like that, though this was fairly sudden. We’ll definitely get another someday. My son wants a kitten, but I want to adopt an adult cat when the time comes. The dog doesn’t seem to be terribly affected, but he’s hard to read.

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
We lost my oldest boy Jazz just short of his 16th birthday last week. Diagnosed with cancer and a month later he was gone. We all miss him terribly.

D5s6GI3.jpg

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost my oldest boy Jazz just short of his 16th birthday last week. Diagnosed with cancer and a month later he was gone. We all miss him terribly.

D5s6GI3.jpg
What handsome boy. I’m sorry, man.

Fitz was 16, too. He had been having problems with throwing up pretty regularly, but mostly seemed like himself. The vet was just treating the symptom, and having us feed him canned pumpkin to work through any hairballs. But then he stopped eating and was losing weight. We finally got him to a vet that saw signs of lymphoma causing inflammation in his intestines, but it was too late. We were really hoping he’d turn the corner and we could treat him, but he lost too much weight and his body gave up.