How well built are the New Silver Jubilees? Anyone seen the electronics? Reliable?

• Thread starter KenAdams
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KenAdams

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2525C Silver Jubilee 1x12 combo and it’s a really nice sounding amp. Plus it’s portable. I would love to use it live. It’s new but I was wondering how well built these new models are? Would they be reliable enough to use for regular gigging 3 to 4 hour sets and practice for a few hours each week? Has anyone seen the inside circuitry? Does it look pretty good? Thank you so much.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Very well built , reliable , and killer tone . As I have 2 -2555X half stacks with the matching 2551AV cabs . I got my first half stack in July 2015 , I got my 2nd half stack on December 2019 and I have been blasting them on a very regular basis and the work great and deliver the tone goods each time I plug in . OP , you will fall in love with your amp very quickly . Best Wishes and Rock Out and have fun :headbanger:

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have personal experience with the smaller ones but I've had my 2555X on tour for a few years and it's been running great. I had some red plating issues early on but it was a tube problem. The amp was robust enough to handle it without it snowballing into a bigger problem. That's always nice.

playloud

Reaction score
They look ok:

Marshall-2525C-2525H-Tube-Amp-innen-2.jpg

Tube sockets, pots and jacks are all PCB-mounted, which are potential points of failure (things you pull on from the outside, basically).

The originals only had the PCB-mounted pots and input jack. To be fair, those are probably the likeliest connections to fail.

iu

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Tube sockets, pots and jacks are all PCB-mounted, which are potential points of failure (things you pull on from the outside, basically).

The originals only had the PCB-mounted pots and input jack. To be fair, those are probably the likeliest connections to fail
Yeah, they are def not as robust construction wise as they were ‘back in the day’. That being said out of the 120 or so amps I’ve owned I’ve never had a pc board fail due to board mounted sockets.

There is also a reason that the 100w Jub RI costs so much lass than the 2203x—the 2203x is a faithful reproduction. If the RI Jubs were built the same way Marshall would be asking $1000+ more than they are now.

As for the smaller Jub I have 2 of the Studio heads and I bring at least one of them to every gig. Even using those cost cutting measures they are pretty well built from what I can tell.

67mike

Reaction score
Yeah, they are def not as robust construction wise as they were ‘back in the day’. That being said out of the 120 or so amps I’ve owned I’ve never had a pc board fail due to board mounted sockets.

There is also a reason that the 100w Jub RI costs so much lass than the 2203x—the 2203x is a faithful reproduction. If the RI Jubs were built the same way Marshall would be asking $1000+ more than they are now.

As for the smaller Jub I have 2 of the Studio heads and I bring at least one of them to every gig. Even using those cost cutting measures they are pretty well built from what I can tell.
I have to disagree here.

Marshall actually IMPROVED a few items on the 2555x over the original....heavy fiberglass insulated power section wiring and improved switching.

Check out the video above...Ken goes over the guts of his 2555x....NOTHING wrong with the build quality. Period.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
I have to disagree here.

Marshall actually IMPROVED a few items on the 2555x over the original....heavy fiberglass insulated power section wiring and improved switching.

Check out the video above...Ken goes over the guts of his 2555x....NOTHING wrong with the build quality. Period.
Board mounted tubes are tough to argue with. The fact that the 2555x sells for $1400 less than the 2203x is as well. Not saying it matters tone wise, if I was a Jubilee fan I'd have one without hesitation. But the 2555x is built like a DSL--if it wasn't it would carry a higher price tag.

67mike

Reaction score
Board mounted tubes are tough to argue with. The fact that the 2555x sells for $1400 less than the 2203x is as well. Not saying it matters tone wise, if I was a Jubilee fan I'd have one without hesitation. But the 2555x is built like a DSL--if it wasn't it would carry a higher price tag.
The 2555x is made in England not Vietnam.

Many modern amps have board mounted tubes...my Mesa Mark V for example.

The 2203x sells for what they think they can sell it for.....not a cent less.

The 2555x is a screaming bargain.

anitoli

Reaction score
The 2555x is made in England not Vietnam.

Many modern amps have board mounted tubes...my Mesa Mark V for example.

The 2203x sells for what they think they can sell it for.....not a cent less.

Bargain it is, i picked mine up new for $1500. At first the kid in the shop was gonba blow off the sale because i wanted Fed Ex and he said they use UPS and i said ill take that right now but Fed Ex is mandatory and he says sorry so we parted ways. About two minuets later my phone rings and its the shop owner and he says Fed Ex is cool. Lol. So i got it.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
No offense intended at all. As I said, I would have no issues owning and gigging with one. But it isn't close to as over built as the 2203x. Which here in the US is ridiculously overpriced. I have 2 hand wired Friedmans here I bought for $2200 new. Nothing Marshall here in the US is any sort of bargain at all

nix_gibby

Reaction score
You can't compare DSLs to 2555x regarding the build quality.

Resident 217

Reaction score
I doubt the price difference reflects anything to do with build quality in this case.
Probably more to do with R&D and marketing. Contracts and stuff.
You know...the important things.
Slash and Bonamassa have to be paid too...

tallcoolone

Reaction score
I doubt the price difference reflects anything to do with build quality in this case.
Probably more to do with R&D and marketing. Contracts and stuff.
You know...the important things.
Slash and Bonamassa have to be paid too...
A simple glance under the hood confirms it—the 2203x is built to the same standards as the original. The 2555x obviously is not. Slash and JB get no $ from 2555x sales